Notices

Withdrawal?/no withdrawal?

Old 08-15-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawal?/no withdrawal?

Hi, I am a 26 year old male. I have been reading about opiate addiction a lot lately. Over the last 3 years, I believe I have developed an addiction to oxycodone and hydro one. The first 2 years were not as bad. This past year has gotten worse. Generally if I have them, I take 3-4 doses a day. 15 mg of oxy or 20 mg of hydro. So I have been on and off ( mostly on) for the past 3 years. I have made the decision to quit. Monday I took my last 20 mg of hydro in the evening. It is now Thursday morning so I am goin on 72 hours clean. Thing is I have had a little help. I take 1 0.5 mg alprazolam in the morning and one at night. They help me sleep just fine. The only problem I am having is a lot of pain in my hip and leg, which was mangled in the accident which led to my addiction. Going on day 3 with aleve and these Xanax ( only 2 per day) and icing my leg at night, I am amazed at how minor my withdrawal symptoms have been (minor body aches and pain, diahreah, yawning, testy eyes, stomach cramps) The worst for me was leading up to the 48 hr mark. My question is is this uncommon? I have been preparing for a miserable 5 days (at least). But it seems I may already be through the worst. I definately don't want to comfortable with going through withdrawal. I know it may not be so easy next time. Any input appreciated. Thank you!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

From the dose you're describing it doesn't sound like a high dose. So the symptoms may be less harsh. I'm sure the xanax is easing some of the symptoms.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with Dec. You might have some psychological stuff pop up in the next couple weeks. Our brains get used to having the chemical endorphins so we have to make our own. That's the tricky part. It makes us want to relapse and use again. Hopefully your pain subsides and you breeze through this! Wishing you well!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Laddie18 View Post
Hi, I am a 26 year old male. I have been reading about opiate addiction a lot lately. Over the last 3 years, I believe I have developed an addiction to oxycodone and hydro one. The first 2 years were not as bad. This past year has gotten worse. Generally if I have them, I take 3-4 doses a day. 15 mg of oxy or 20 mg of hydro. So I have been on and off ( mostly on) for the past 3 years. I have made the decision to quit. Monday I took my last 20 mg of hydro in the evening. It is now Thursday morning so I am goin on 72 hours clean. Thing is I have had a little help. I take 1 0.5 mg alprazolam in the morning and one at night. They help me sleep just fine. The only problem I am having is a lot of pain in my hip and leg, which was mangled in the accident which led to my addiction. Going on day 3 with aleve and these Xanax ( only 2 per day) and icing my leg at night, I am amazed at how minor my withdrawal symptoms have been (minor body aches and pain, diahreah, yawning, testy eyes, stomach cramps) The worst for me was leading up to the 48 hr mark. My question is is this uncommon? I have been preparing for a miserable 5 days (at least). But it seems I may already be through the worst. I definately don't want to comfortable with going through withdrawal. I know it may not be so easy next time. Any input appreciated. Thank you!
Not everyone goes through some of the brutal hell you read about. Count yourself among the blessed. But do NOT believe you would
Get away Scott free like this every time if you relapse. This one is mild. The next one could be a whole different ball of wax.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Careful with zanax and other benzos or you ill experience a whole new hell