Notices

Day 5....still sober

Old 08-14-2013, 02:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5....still sober

So it's the morning of day 5 and I must say I love waking up refreshed after having a goodnights sleep. It is a nice feeling not running to the bathroom to see if I look still half in the bag before getting ready for work. Last night I went to a friends house for a bonfire and when I arrived there were people drinking, was offered one, declined and left before the "fun" started happening.
I will say this time around has been easier in that I have no withdrawal symptoms such as vomiting, dry heaves, insomnia but the AV is killing me. I have been reading up on AVRT and learning to deal with it and all I can do is take it one day, one hour at a time. Wish everyone a good sober Wednesday.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just one day ahead of you bdnb. What a difference a week makes x
To anyone wondering whether to stop drinking - trust me, it really is SO worth it!!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bdnb74 View Post
So it's the morning of day 5 and I must say I love waking up refreshed after having a goodnights sleep. It is a nice feeling not running to the bathroom to see if I look still half in the bag before getting ready for work. Last night I went to a friends house for a bonfire and when I arrived there were people drinking, was offered one, declined and left before the "fun" started happening.
I will say this time around has been easier in that I have no withdrawal symptoms such as vomiting, dry heaves, insomnia but the AV is killing me. I have been reading up on AVRT and learning to deal with it and all I can do is take it one day, one hour at a time. Wish everyone a good sober Wednesday.
If I was going to create a new thread today, I could cut and paste the first 2 sentences of your post, though I'd have to change the day 5, to day 3! The AV is working hard on me as well, especially starting at 4:00 in the afternoon, but I'm working a plan and I feel great. Sober Wednesday to you as well.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done on day 5

Old 08-14-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
quat

happy hump day to you too!
the AV is so loud because it now knows you are a determined threat, keep hammering away at it, yell at, it push and shove it, its a bully it will backdown just like a schoolyard bully who finally gets smacked in the kisser! You got this!