Notices

2 months

Old 08-13-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 months

Yesterday I hit 2 months sober!

For a few weeks I had been feeling good and my brain was working at near full capacity but the last 2 days I've been out of sorts and unable to concentrate. I'm stuck in a funk and it feels like my nerves are screaming for release. I don't have any desire to drink but i'm miserable and work is piling up.

Anyone else go through something like this after a couple months?
Old 08-13-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah mate, I was feeling better but my head was racing at two months. It's really tough because you start to think you are going backwards. Don't get disheartened I was told it is us healing. Give it time, it does get better I'm approaching 6 months and I dnt look back.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think life is always up and down, and recovery is a time when you can learn how to get through the down periods without drinking. Congratulations on 2 months sober!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I wrote this in my Journal on my two month anniversary. Today, I am a mere seven days away from a year and feeling even better. Remember, the most important day is, was, and always will be, today.

October 20th, 2012-

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

It’s officially been two months since my last drink of alcohol!

My house has now been completely refinanced. The truck is now paid off. So are my Harley’s. Credit card debt is now down to 4600 at 0% and falling like a rock. Equity capital has grown exponentially and my overall spending is waaaaaaaaay down. Yesterday, I benched pressed 225lbs six times. A new personal best. Over the last sixty days, average pull ups have gone from 12 to 13. Push ups have gone from 35 to 40, sit ups have gone from 150 to 200 and average biking distance has grown from 8 miles to 13. Mentally, I feel stronger. Emotionally, I am much stronger and spiritually, I am at an all time high.

Today, I am going to swim my ass off, and continue to work on my house. Which is now looking better than ever.

More than ever, I feel the need to “stay straight ahead.”

Be Encouraged
Old 08-13-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

YOU are awesome! Recovery includes those down days. We became used to drowning out our feelings and our issues. You are now feeling some things bubble up. Try to be mindful about what may be going on. Is there some issue/unfinished business that you maybe need to address by journaling, talking, counseling, meditating...that type of thing?
Old 08-13-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah mate, I was feeling better but my head was racing at two months. It's really tough because you start to think you are going backwards. Don't get disheartened I was told it is us healing. Give it time, it does get better I'm approaching 6 months and I dnt look back.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey congrats on 2 months
Old 08-13-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am at a little over a month and feeling strong. I am glad you posted so I will be for warned about what may be ahead. Congratulations on two months. I am proud of you and I loved all the support people gave you here. We are in an awesome group.