Notices

Hangover free zone .

Old 08-11-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hangover free zone .

I love that feeling when i have woken on a Sunday morning and not have hat feeling of wether or not i was going to suffer the hangover from hell. That feeling when you first wake and try to assess the gravity of your hangover, the feeling of anxiety or impending doom. The feeling of " im dying ' i have gone too far this time. The feeling of knowing i will NOT be of any use to anyone for at least the next 10 hours before i start coming good. The hangovers seemed to even be going into a second day. My body was sick.I would just stay still in my bed all day ,shutting out life yet again for another day, not answering my door or phone. it was easier to not have conversations . i i was really suffering. My head was sick , i couldnt think , nor had the inclination to care. I was always in a fog . Yes its true what they say about alcoholic haze, i had been in one on and of for years. I didnt suffer headaches, but the nausea was awful , the gagging to vomit with nothing coming up , the repulsiveness of it all ....only to start feeling better and contemplating having a drink again, denying myself the reality of what i just just been suffering through.the struggle of the early weeks of trying to be sober again...the exhausting tiredness of trying to get well ,the lethargy. Alcohol ..our relationship is over. I NEVER want to see you again.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Hiya Snoozy -

I'm one week sober and every morning I open my eyes I still wait for that feeling to hit.

As I come too, I'm almost brought to tears when I realize I can truly embrace the day ahead.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hear Hear SnoozyQ! Getting up in the morning and actually being able to say "So, what do I FEEL like doing today?" and having the actual possibility to do whatever I want is the best!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Snoozy, you could have been writing about me! I'm 21 days sober today, but those awful mornings are still very fresh in my mind. The sick feeling, not really remembering what I did the previous night to embarrass myself. This Sunday morning I feel great. I feel peaceful, I'm taking baby steps, the voice inside my head still tries to get me to drink, but it's fading. I am stronger now. Alcohol is no longer welcome in my life.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm excited too! I have missed so much the last few years. I'm ready to make up for lost time!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Not thought about the morning gagging for a while! Man I'm glad to be rid of that. Infact my gf said this evening she has heard me cough in the mornings since I stopped. (I has mastered a great cough to hide the gag)

No hangovers are fantastic. Days go quicker , good for work! (Bad for days off as I never want them to end!)

Thanks for posting this. Made me smile
Old 08-11-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I very rarely had hangovers or got sick from drinking (maybe once or twice a year). But one thing that is blatantly obvious and wonderful is I am no longer sleeping 12-13 hours a day...more like 5-6 hours, so my days are lasting longer now and I don't feel like I'm sleeping away my life.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh geez petercrab , i forgot that good ole masking the gag cough ! Thanks for reminding me lol , itS Just another reason to not pick up that next drink ...oh and the blackouts ....not remember what self righteous crap i spoke. I was always right when i drank ...ugh what a pain in the arse i must have been ... I shudder at the thought . I remember the following morning after my binge of fleeting moments the night before flashing before me and hoping to god i was imagining what i had said or done....only to find out yet again i was a complete tool !!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I mostly drunk at home so didn't need to worry about what crap I spoke lol! 45 days gag free! Haha I should be getting ready to sleep but now I'm laughing and becoming more awake!
Old 08-11-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lol Petercrab , its conversations like this that make us feel human again. We must be about the same time sober :-)))) . Im 6 weeks today . Thanks for the chuckle and starting my monday morning off feeling good xx
Old 08-11-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Boy can I relate! I'm with you 100% - its weird to wake up, try to assess how badly hungover I am and then just get out of bed when I realize I feel terrific. Still struggling with sleep a little, but I'd rather wake up a little tired than completely hungover.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am not proud to say that I didn't get hangovers because I didn't give them a chance...started drinking as soon as I woke up!

although I did do the gag thing once or twice while brushing my teeth and managed to convince my husband and myself that it was the toothbrush going back too far that caused it....hasn't happened since I quit, and I brush my teeth the same:-)
Old 08-12-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good work snoozy. I'm 1 day behind you =P
Old 08-12-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Ah dolly the old toothbrush trick! Knew that one well!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
(previously uksupport)

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
Not thought about the morning gagging for a while! Man I'm glad to be rid of that. Infact my gf said this evening she has heard me cough in the mornings since I stopped. (I has mastered a great cough to hide the gag)

No hangovers are fantastic. Days go quicker , good for work! (Bad for days off as I never want them to end!)

Thanks for posting this. Made me smile
I really won't be missing that gagging!