Notices

New beginning

Old 08-09-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New beginning

I've been struggling for so long with my drinking. It has stolen so much of my time, caused so much embarrassment, hurt so many others, and has left me ridden with guilt. I refuse to continue to live my life like this. I can envision the life I want and this is NOT it. I'm hoping to find support for me on this journey I have tried to make so many times before. I have hope that this time will be different.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome. You are in the right place here. Lots of support, and advice.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Bravegirl.
Your post title says it all!
You will find a lot of support and kind words here on SR.
I hope it will help you with your journey through sobriety.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Bravegirl. There is lots of help here and at face to face meetings where people understand us and our pains. The big thing is being honest with ourselves about what got us here because getting sober enables us to feel better and forget the pain that got us here. A suggestion is to keep coming and it hopefully will get better if we don't pick up the first drink one minute, day at a time. BE WELL
Old 08-09-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome bravegirl.

I hope you will find the strength this time.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome here bravegirl! You will find support here. Keep coming back. Stay strong!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You can do it....keep going and be well. You don't have to keep fighting alcohol x
Old 08-09-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Bravegirl, welcome to SR. This place has helped me so much with my recovery. I think that if you have tried to get sober in the past and you have been unable to do so it might be necessary to change your approach and get a plan together for recovery. Hopefully then this time you will have the tools and support in place to be successful. Do you have a plan for recovery / support?. You sound determined to get sober. I am wishing you well. Stay strong.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Your post sounds exactly like my situation and thoughts 2 weeks ago nearly, your right it has stolen so much peace and caused so much shame and embarrassment. And gives nothing in return for the things it steals from our lives..... NO MORE!!!!

This place, although I would have never have imagined me visiting a site like this, does help so much as it makes you realise you are SO not alone. Just about everybody I know who still drinks does not have a problem with it so I don't even have to justify drinking they do it for me with quotes like, "your still young", "your funny when your drunk" etc etc.. They don't see me falling over and hurting myself on the way home, or sleeping with people I hardly know, or feel the burning shame I feel in the morning when the rebellion has passed and I slam back to earth with a crash.. Usually followed with a bout of depression...

This HAS to be it, drinking for me is like baking a cake, the rest of my life (the cake mix) is great, but once that rotten egg (alcohol) is mixed in there that's it, it effects all of it and I am sick to death of starting over.....
Old 08-09-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR bravegiorl - there's so much support here

D
Old 08-09-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Bravegirl!

You'll find tons of support and real honest responses. Just keep coming back and posting.

Congrats on taking the first step!

Good luck on your path to your Sober You!