Notices

I think my wife is on board

Old 08-08-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think my wife is on board

I guess this is my round 2 day 12. Trying not to notch out each day on my bed post as my goal is weeks, months, years. Coming up on 2 weeks anyway :-)

The last 3 nights my wife has not poured a single drink. We haven't talked about it - she just hasn't opened up a bottle of wine.

I know discussing TOTAL sobriety with her makes her uncomfortable but I really am hoping she is on board.

All I can say is it makes a MONUMENTAL difference for me when she doesn't drink. So much easier.

My kids start high school next week and that day for the last 6 months is what brought me to this point.

49er game tonight (albeit preseason) but talk about a trigger lol

Just need to keep on keeping on.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 12 days Bob! I have been wondering about your recovery. That is AWESOME news about your wife. Maybe she is quietly trying to quit on her own. My boyfriend still drinks ALBEIT not in front of me, but since he saw the HUGE changes in me, he is now starting to talk about completely drinking too! Not going to get my hopes up as I know he has to be ready, willing and able to completely quit (he binge drinks about twice a month now) but just the fact that he is entertaining the thought thrills me to no end! You're right--it does make it easier to stay sober if you don't have your significant other drinking in front of you.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad your wife is being supportive.

You can do this!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Bob. I am glad to see that you have made it 12 days. Way to go! Getting sober is much easier when your significant other is on board with you. My husband rarely drinks. He is one of those "normies". I am so thankful though that he doesn't as I know it would be much harder for me to abstain with that said you are doing awesome. Glad to see your wife maybe on board with you soon. Take care and hang in there.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies :-)

A part of me just wonders if she feels a bit uncomfortable catching a buzz when I am not.

Either way - it helps!
Old 08-08-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No half measures

My wife is a normal drinker but we have a dry house. Seems to work out well. She can still drink but I dont have to worry that it is around