Just curious - 2

Old 08-07-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just curious - 2

I have been posting here since February this year and got some much needed advise and support here. Its been a life saver. Thank you all, esp the wise witches of the west for the unvarnished truth.

I have wondered why there are so few men posting in this forum? Dads are even fewer. (Beavsdad, being a notable exception).
Old 08-07-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Hmmmm, that's a good question. I personally think mothers are more "conditioned" to become codependent. I knew very few mothers who wouldn't put their kids needs before their own. No offense to the fathers.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Venus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mars

Nuff said.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pravchaw View Post
I have been posting here since February this year and got some much needed advise and support here. Its been a life saver. Thank you all, esp the wise witches of the west for the unvarnished truth.

I have wondered why there are so few men posting in this forum? Dads are even fewer. (Beavsdad, being a notable exception).
That's a good question. I know I have seen quite a few men post since Ive been here, but not nearly as many as the number of women; and most don't stay for long. But you know what I think there are a whole group of men lurking out there.... maybe this will encourage them to post and share their stories. My husband of course was the addicted one in my life, but he has known about this site for a long while now and he reads sometimes but is not a member.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Same with a Nar-anon meeting I went to ... all women. (most with addicted sons, men). I was more of the "fixer" in our family - so more codependency challenges.