Notices

Frustrated

Old 08-05-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Frustrated

My daughter has been an alcoholic for over 10 years. She has ruin her health, lost her son, and homeless. She has been to rehab many times. As soon as she gets out, she falls off the wagon. I have not given her money or let her live with me. She has insurance money from a car accident that will run out soon. Not sure what is going to happen to her.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's time to stop this madness and focus on you. You should know by now that you can not make her be sober. Please seek help for yourself. Her disease has harmed you enough. I wish you strength!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi. I well know your pain. It would be wonderful if we could fix alcoholism in others but they need to want to do it for themselves. You can get help at Al Anon and on this forum at Friends and Family of Alcoholics. BE WELL
Old 08-05-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Shocker1,

Welcome to the forum. Having a destructive alcoholic relative is truly awful. My alcoholic is my father. None of us knows what could happen but we we eventually realize that we can't do much about it until they are ready to quit. It is very frustrating and stressful. I second the suggestions already posted above and wish you both the best.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your situation Shocker1.
It's really great you've found us tho

do you know about our Family and Friends forums as well? definitely also worth checking out

D
Old 08-05-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. I am an alcoholic in recovery but many people in my family are also alcoholics and are not sober. My dad is usually on the verge of total disaster due to his drinking and drug use and it breaks my heart because I know him inside out and he's a good man but he just can't seem to get over this! We have tried everything. He has been addicted for so long he just doesn't know any other way I suppose? But then again... Does he see how hurt we are? I don't know. I wish there was more I could say to help you. I do go to Al-Anon and I also go to AA so that's helpful. You have to let your daughter deal with her own consequences and take care of you at this point. I hope it gets better. We don't deserve this. Hugs