Notices

Intervention Help

Old 08-03-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Intervention Help

Hi everyone! First time posting, new to the site. My sister is in desperate need of help. She has always been a heavy drinker and has a history of drug abuse. In the last year she has started to unravel and I am worried about the safety of her husband (she recently blacked out and attacked him with a knife) and my niece and nephews.

I am trying to put together some sort of intervention for her, small, just family, and I have no idea where to begin. If someone who has been through this experience could share any wisdom with my about the process, I would be so so grateful. Thank you in advance!
Old 08-03-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome, MidnightRadio!

I just logged on, and your post was the first thing I saw. And this was also the topic of discussion at a meeting I attended this morning, so I have just today gotten other opinions and thought about it a lot myself. What to do?

I really don't have enough information to offer any specific advice. I can see that there are others who struggle with this question, because there is a whole section of this forum dedicated to friends and family of alcoholics, and it is sometimes more active than the newcomers' forum. You can certainly find a lot of experience, strength and hope here: Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I hope you post here some more and let us know how things go.

CF