Notices

Back here after two years. Still need help

Old 08-01-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back here after two years. Still need help

I am once again back after two years. I drink two bottles of wine a day. My friend won't talk to me and I don't know why. He said I need help with my drinking. I said don't you think I know that. Well I'm depressed I don't like myself. I want to be happy again. I'm here again to read and hopefully get help.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey bochuck ,

welcome back

Drinking made me miserable , i've managed to stop it for a while now , best decision i've ever made

Bestwishes, m
Old 08-01-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by bochuck View Post
My friend won't talk to me and I don't know why. He said I need help with my drinking.
Therein lies your answer. Eventually people stop helping you if you don't help yourself. You know what you have to do and you know from being on here that it can be done.

Make that decision to stop right now and this forum can provide you with invaluable support.

Go for it Bochuck!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back, keep reading and posting.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back!!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. The other night i drank two bottles of wine, passed out on the couch woke up a few hours later and opened another, threw up and drank more . I said to myself I JUST DONT CARE. my exuce is my mum who was my best friend died. 14 months ago the company that i worked for for 16 years closed its doors. I have been out of work since sept of last year. what other exuce hmmm oh my husband is out of town 5 days a week and I can drink without him knowing. Although I called my friend last night and fb him. He didnt answer but wrote a nasty msg to me that I am delusional and need to cleanse my body and mind of alcohol. Of course he was right. Today is my first day sober AUG 1st I woke up hating myself and embarressed of what i wrote to my friend. I have high anxiety and dont even want to go out in public because of the anxiety. I have been drinking water all day. I am so depressed but that is because of my drinking and how badly i feel about myself. just had to get that off my chest.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Bochuck

I think to find change, we need to make changes - what changes do you think you should make to your life?

D
Old 08-01-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

bohuck,
I am sorry for your struggles. I know how hard it is to quit the one thing that is killing us. That sounds funny when I write it. It is true though. I am glad that you found your way back into wanting to be sober. As you know, the first few weeks are the hardest. Keep coming here and posting. Keep reading. Do you have a plan? AA? here? SMART? How did you stop drinking before?
Old 08-01-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're back, giving it another go.