Notices

"Sobering" Amy Winehouse video

Old 07-21-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Sobering" Amy Winehouse video

This grainy compilation of interviews somewhat documents the toll drugs and alcohol took on Amy Winehouse. The first interviews she appears to be sober and so full of life and hope for her future. By the later interview, you can clearly see the physical and emotional changes. To me, it is so poignant when she talks about getting the post performance "blues", and points the come down after the adrenalin rush as being "miserable". As a musician, I can say that I felt that emotion much stronger when I was drinking heavy. Lately, after a show I just feel the normal come down and move on from that very quickly. It is so clear to me how dysregulating alcohol is. She clearly needed those post show and even during show drinks just to try to keep herself emotionally stable. Look at her in the beginning, so sure of her self...so healthy...so happy.
In Her Own Words - Amy Winehouse Interview Compilation (Part 1) - YouTube
Old 07-21-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

there's footage out there somewhere of amy performing at glastonbury. it was so sad to watch. her backing band had to keep propping her up, she was so drunk.

i don't think it's enough to say it was a waste of a talent. it was a waste of a young life. 27 is just a baby, and i find it so sad that she couldn't find any peace.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting this. I was..am..a fan of her music. She almost reminded me of some new incarnate of Billie Holiday..fighting same ole damn demons. She really's takes a turn round the 3:50 mark of the footage hey? I started to actually not even be able to absorb what she was saying after that point. Absolutely tragic.

Ya I believe I saw that footage on Youtube on Ippo..very, very sad that she was out there in that kind of shape..and nothing could be done to prevent her demise.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What is sad also is all the enablers she probably had. Just like so many alcoholic and addicted young celebs.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I still miss Amy.
I loved her music.
So sad she is not here anymore.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've watched hours of footage of Amy - I loved her music, she was a really decent person, and an amazing talent. Great sense of humour too. Deeply missed here.