Notices

I like drinking and can control intake but it depresses me.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I like drinking and can control intake but it depresses me.

Hi guys,

Just posting as the forum has told me that I haven't posted for a while,

I'm sober today and was yesterday but I'm really struggling to put a good run together, I've recently had a family holiday and had a few beers whilst there, nothing stupid and I didn't get drunk and more importantly it had no negative effects on our break away.

I do like drinking, well the thought of drinking anyway. Its a nice day outside and the anticipation of sitting in the garden having a beer is upon me again. If I did do this though I know that after a couple of beers I would regret it greatly and have to stop, and I would stop too.

I don't know why I'm attracted to the thought of it I really don't.

Has anybody had similar probs?

Bruno.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

When I first got sober I had a terrible desire to drink. It was such a habit and I didn't know how to fill my time without drinking. Fortunately after some time I stopped having such cravings and now don't think about it at all. Give yourself time. It will get better.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
When I first got sober I had a terrible desire to drink. It was such a habit and I didn't know how to fill my time without drinking. Fortunately after some time I stopped having such cravings and now don't think about it at all. Give yourself time. It will get better.
Thank you for the reply,

I think that is exactly the problem, I feel lost but deep down I know that I can't drink. And to be honest I don't even want to drink.

I think that I need to get a grip of myself. There's so much to be doing than drinking.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi! It seems like you have gotten yourself into patterns that you find are not working for you anymore. It's interesting that you associate a beautiful summer day with sitting around and drinking 2 beers. A lot of people associate a beautiful summer day with other things like: going swimming, going on a hike, doing some gardening, going to the beach, taking your dogs for a walk, etc...

What else can you do today besides sit in your garden and drink 2 beers? It sounds kinda boring to me, to be honest
Old 07-14-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

yes I remember that well. It's a kind of romantizing. Esp where you live.

It does pass. I like to sit out (and just was actually). I had a cup of iced water. When I think of drinking in the heat now it makes me feel kind of sick. Like just imagining the fuzziness of it and the thirst. It's genuinely unattractive to me, conceptually.

I really never thought I'd be able to say that.