Notices

Confused

Old 07-13-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Confused

My name is Justin and I am an alcoholic. I have been struggling with addiction since I was 15 (meth, Alcohol) I have tried to stop many times and have succeeded in quitting drugs but alcohol has proven to be much more difficult. My family wants to help but doesn't understand and have very little patience for this.

I feel helpless and hopeless. I really would love to just die and be done with it all. I'm tired of hurting the people that I love and being accused and rituculed constantly.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Hi Justin, welcome to SR and thanks for posting. Glad you're here. Well done on quitting drugs. I really admire and respect you for doing something that I imagine to be one of the hardest things for someone to do. You can quit alcohol too - not only that, you start living an amazing life, clean and sober.

I've also felt completely hopeless and helpless at times, like there's just no way out. At times I've also wanted to die, tried to kill myself, didn't care whether I lived or died, didn't think there was any other option. My family has cried over me. My friends have laughed at me.

But there is a way out, for you, for me, for everyone who wants it. Keep posting; you're amongst friends here and this is a safe place. Read and read and read the forums - there are many people here who've felt that hopelessness but are now living clean and sober lives beyond their wildest dreams. Read their stories, posts and threads, ask questions, comment and you'll find out how they did it and how you can do it too.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Justin

i feel your pain and I am so sorry you are feeling this way. How are you trying to quit, do you go to AA? Could you see a therapist? It is great that you reach out here today, you are very strong to do so and it shows you are capable and have the will to quit. There is a lot of wisdom here on this forum and just like you so many have tried to quit endless times until they got it right.
I am sorry you are being ridiculed, it can't help you. You are not hopeless or bad, you are sick and addicted to alcohol. There is help for this, please reach out

Anna
Old 07-13-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Justin, I'm so sorry for the pain you are going through now, but I'm very glad you are here. There are people here in SR who've been in your shoes and have gone on to lead peaceful, healthy lives. It's not too late. You have meaning and purpose and the world is a better place with you in it. It sounds like your family feels that way, but has a hard time expressing it. My family is the same way. It's hard for people who don't share our illness to respond to what we are going through. Have you sought out help in your community? Maybe AA? Drug and Alcohol counseling? A medical Dr? I mention this because these sources helped me in to recovery. Also, the people on SR are a great source of information and support. Take care, Justin. We are here for you.
Yours,
cas
Old 07-13-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kindness, it brings tears to my eyes because most people I know have not been kind to me.

I have gone to AA in the past but I recently quit cold turky for 31/2 weeks befor relapsing. I really should see a therapist, never really discussed my problems with someone who would listen to them before.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're so glad you're here Justin. We all understand how hard it is to stop and stay stopped. You're among friends. I hope you'll stay and keep posting.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hold on Justin, what help can you get? please keep posting here and don't give up! reach out and keep coming back and posting here
Old 07-13-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Justin

many of us felt hopeless and beaten by our addiction...I did...but SR gave me hope and guidance...I know you'll find that here too

Welcome!
D