Notices

Anxiety and Headpounding on Day 5!

Old 07-05-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxiety and Headpounding on Day 5!

Wooo baby. I have been feeling REALLY good, but today is a doozy. Head ache, anxious, and I feel like I'm going to crawl out of my skin...

I drank 6 beers a night 6 nights a week (thereabouts) and after a rough first couple of days the last couple have been tough.

Is this normal? To have symptoms, feel good, then get more? Or maybe I'm sick? I don't know... Maybe I'm just reading into everything. Just So. Anxious.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes I felt great for the first few days, then developed debilitating headaches! I was very surprised by this because I attributed my frequent headaches to all the red wine I was consuming every single day. I thought the headaches would just evaporate. I'm on day 16 now and the headaches have gone away and my anxiety level is sooo much better. One book I have says it takes 12 days for the alcohol to get completely out of your system. They recommend taking 3000 mg of Omega 3 fish oil to help rebuild brain function. I have read many other posts on here about headaches as well. Keep up the good work, you will start to feel better soon!
Old 07-05-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm also on my 5th day. Congratulations to us both, CrimsonKing. I don't have so much anxiety as I do vague headaches and a lot of body pain. Sleeping is getting a little bit better. Have you tried any exercising? I took a really long walk yesterday and it seemed to help. Hang on!!! We can do this!
Old 07-05-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm just over a month in...nightly drinker like you, although wine was my poison of choice. I struggled with a low grade headache last week that hung around about 3 days. I googled some stuff....I attributed the headache to either tension or eye strain (as I was reading and posting sooooooo much here) lol.

You're not ingesting poison regularly...lots goin' on in that mind and body right now. Keep hydrated...get some fresh air...take some ibuprofen...breathe..

Hang in there..you're doing fantastic!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks guys! yeah, for 2 days i felt fantastic front to back, now i feel like my body is saying "woah, you are serious about this? i dont think so!" haha...

staying strong!
Old 07-05-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL, I think that's what happens. It might be your mind's way of tricking you to go back to drinking. I know when I finally decided to stop, the cravings and upset came hard and fast. This disease does not like to loose. And, I it sounds like you're winning.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah I think it's absolutely par for the course CK

D
Old 07-05-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hear ya, man. After the booze left my body I had a good stretch of 4 days or so where I felt good; I was exuberant at the vision of a fulfilling life. Now I am feeling down and anxious the past few days. I know if I exercise it will help, but boy does the depression and anxiety suck.

I know it will pass though. Just need to stay strong and know that good days are ahead. This will all be worth it once I let the real me return.

Anyways, this is much better than blacking out and royally f*cking up my life!

Stay strong, Crimson. I'm with you.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
Wooo baby. I have been feeling REALLY good, but today is a doozy. Head ache, anxious, and I feel like I'm going to crawl out of my skin...

I drank 6 beers a night 6 nights a week (thereabouts) and after a rough first couple of days the last couple have been tough.

Is this normal? To have symptoms, feel good, then get more? Or maybe I'm sick? I don't know... Maybe I'm just reading into everything. Just So. Anxious.

Yeah, the withdrawal symptoms come and go, and then there is PAWS that hits around the 30-60-90-180-yearly markers, so its best to research that so you know when you are in it, so you dont think you are insane, lol. Congrats on the 5 days, these symptoms will lessen here shortly, but you have to stick with it. I know they suck, I remember it well.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Par for the course, man. No worries though, you are doing great.

I took ibuprofen for the headaches last week when I was wd'ing, worked well. Eat right, exercise, drink a lot of water. Clean livin'!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The first time I tried to go sober, I had major headaches. Third time nothing. I'm 13 days today. Keep it up CK!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

It's a roller coaster. So true that the AV does not like to lose.

I'm amazed at how many good changes keep on coming even months down the road. Things I didn't expect like better eyesight and my ability to do math has returned. Quality sleep took quite awhile, but is normal now.

Hang in there, I remember days 4-7 of first week were pretty miserable for me.