Notices

New to this

Old 06-30-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to this

hello all.
i am here looking for advise on what i can do to help my husband. we have been together for over 10 years on and off which has alot to do with his drinking. over the past year his drink has gotten really bad not with the law just here at home. there are time when he dose not come home till the wee hours of the morning drunk as a skunk. he is becoming a angry man when he drink he has broken things in the home and accuses me of every thing in the book. we have 3 wonderful children that are all A students. But we found out that he now has diabetes and cant drink. He know that he cant but he cant stop drink it is getting scary. he was at the point last night where is was negotiating with me if he could just have 2 more tall boys and not take his meds and eat some ice cream he would be fine( is blood sugar drops very low when he drinks) it almost like he just dose not care he dose not think that he needs to stop drinking. i am just so frustrated i know i cant make him stop and i know that it is his addiction but what can i do at this point?
Old 06-30-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Charlene - welcome

I'm really sorry you're in this situation, but I know you'll find a lot of support here.

Is your husband interested at all in getting help for his problem?

D
Old 06-30-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No he dose not feel that he has one at all yet he feels that he has the ablity to stop yet dosen't
Old 06-30-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

We also have a Friends and Family of Alcoholics forum here. Many there have dealt with similar situations. You don't have to be a prisoner of your husband's disease. You have a choice. True-- you can't change him but you can find a support system for yourself. Welcome to SR! Glad you are here.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family! The best thing you can do is to take care of yourself and your kids. Get support for all of you. This environment isn't good for kids, especially if he's breaking things and accusing you of things and getting so angry.

You'll find support at AlAnon and also on our friends and family forum.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're glad you joined us, Charlene. You're not alone with this.

Angelina mentioned our Friends & Family forum. Many people are going through the same thing you are. I hope you'll find the support you're looking for. We care.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Charlene,

I'm sorry that you are going through such a difficult time.

There is lots of support here.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

well i looked into AlAnon and there is not one any where to me. Right now i am out looking for a job so that i can become financially independent from him i have made plans before to leave but i have never been Strong enough to follow through with it cuz i fall for the whole i am sorry i will be better this time. But now its like he has given up and left us along time ago. i do want to thank every one for the support just today talking to pepole that are not related to him seems to lighten the weight of his addiction on me. Thank you