A long overdue hello :)

Old 06-24-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A long overdue hello :)

Helllllooo SR peeps!!!

How is everybody doing? I see lots of new names and lots of old familiar names!

I wanted to stop in and say a quick hello and give you all the great news! The kids and I are buying a new house! We close this Thursday! It's a great house - half the size of the former prison we escaped from and twice the size of our current safe haven... which makes it just perfect It has a nice little above ground pool (which I wasn't keen on but the kids sure are excited!). This is, ironically, the house I so badly wanted last fall but the timing just wasn't right then. The owner's called me up in April and said, "It's time! Let's do this!" It was all part of our HP's plan

So, we are in a period of transition. The kids finished up school and are going to summer camp. We will move next week which will put them in a new school district for the coming year. We are leaving behind our little home and current school... so there's part sadness/loss... and going back to their old school district (lots of friends we get to reconnect to) and a new house... so there's soo much excitement. Needless to say, our emotions vacillate all over the place!! However, we are staying in the moment and honoring our feelings as they come. Acceptance is key and lots and lots of patience.

For those that are standing on the brink - scared to make the jump off the merry-go-round, please read my story/old threads. This long strange journey of mine started here at SR in 2005... 8 years later - life has changed and grown in ways beyond my wildest dreams. Like LaTeeDa's recent posts... I don't come back as often as I used to but it's great to see how strong and healthy this community stays!!

Shannon

P.S. And Tuffgirl... the dating adventures subsided for a while... until I met a guy 2 months ago. He's super sweet and we have lots of fun just hanging out. We're going slow, enjoying life in the moment - and its so good! It's been great to put all my "tools" to work in a setting that doesn't involve alcoholism!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Great news on all fronts. I knew you and the girls would be just fine
Old 06-24-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hey, Shannon!

Great to see ya, and with such awesome news, too! Congrats on all fronts--sounds like a very exciting time!!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Shannon, you rock!

I'm glad to hear things are going so well.

Your friend,
Old 06-24-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good god Shannon - so good to hear from you and your wonderful life!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GettingBy View Post
For those that are standing on the brink - scared to make the jump off the merry-go-round, please read my story/old threads. This long strange journey of mine started here at SR in 2005... 8 years later - life has changed and grown in ways beyond my wildest dreams.

I remember reading posts like this when I first got here. And I thought, 8 years?, I don't want to be "in recovery" for that long! I want to recover and be done with it! LOL Now, I realize, recovery is constant forward progress, not some destination to be achieved. Great to hear about your continuing progress.

L
Old 06-24-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Shannon - you've been missed!

But I am smiling about the serendipity of the house. I remember you talking about it, and now its finally worked out. Funny how life works in that way...Congrats!

I've been dating lately, too, but can't hold a candle to Team Shannon guy! That is by far the best "misadventures in dating" story yet. But you sound very healthy about the new guy!

Thanks for the update, and I know it helps others see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it leads to a wonderful life.

Don't be a stranger...
~T