Notices

Good Morning and Thank You

Old 06-03-2013, 04:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good Morning and Thank You

Today is my 8th week of sobriety and it has been wonderful. Not all rainbows and sunshine, but 1000 times better than being a drunk.

I truly know that being on here and the lovely people are a big part of my recovery. Thank you again.

I am thinking of changing my name from LiveorDie to LIVING. When I first came here I was in awful shape physically and emotionally. My liver enzymes were up, my kidney function was a little warped and my overall general CBC were looking shakey.

Eight weeks later without drinking and eating a wholesome diet, my bloodwork is truly a miracle. At my doctors appt last week they gave me my lab report. Liver enzymes dropped 50%, kidney function normal, alcohol induced hepatitis non-existent, fatty liver due to alcohol dissolved. Plus I have lost 10 lbs.

Needless to say the doctor was more than pleased and said he wished he could use me to help his other alcoholic patients. But the best thing is my family is so much happier and my husband loves the having his old wife back.

I know I have a long journey ahead of me, but I choose to look at it as a nice long vacation with a clear head and positive attitude. It is no longer a "I can't drink ever again" but "I never want to drink again".

Old 06-03-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiveorDie View Post

Eight weeks later without drinking and eating a wholesome diet, my bloodwork is truly a miracle. At my doctors appt last week they gave me my lab report. Liver enzymes dropped 50%, kidney function normal, alcohol induced hepatitis non-existent, fatty liver due to alcohol dissolved. Plus I have lost 10 lbs.

&

I know I have a long journey ahead of me, but I choose to look at it as a nice long vacation with a clear head and positive attitude. It is no longer a "I can't drink ever again" but "I never want to drink again".

very inspirtational! well done!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We say goodbye to liveordie hello to LIVING!!!!! Amazing in your 8 weeks! Great job
Old 06-03-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm glad that your health has improved! Enjoy your sober vacation;it will be one to remember for sure!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Congratulations on 8 weeks - I'm so glad you're feeling positive and looking forward to a wonderful future. Well done.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing about your health improvements. You are a great inspiration. Congratulations!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great work! I like the idea of changing your name. Living!!!! Keep on Rockin in the Alcohol Freedom World!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your hard work and your newfound health!

Let me know if you do want your name changed.