Notices

Seeking AA and Supports in Boston, MA

Old 06-02-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seeking AA and Supports in Boston, MA

Hi All,

I'm going to try this again and hopefully I get a better response. I'm moving to Boston, MA (Brighton, MA, actually) on June 29, 2013. I'm looking for solid support by men in AA and for good AA meetings in that area. I'll also be looking for a new sponsor, and preferably someone with LONG-term sobriety and who I can relate to somewhat.

Can anyone in the Boston area help me out or point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Old 06-02-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

dont live in boston, but ya can start here:
Welcome AABoston.org Central Service Committe of Eastern Mass. (Intergroup)
Old 06-02-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Okay, pretty huge coincidence here and so, I probably should mention it...

I live 3000 miles away right now but a friend in recovery is going to Boston next week and I told him about this group that I used to love in that area 35 years ago. The name of the group was The Sugarhill group out of Roxbury. Back when I attended that meeting, they used to come get me on the outskirts of town and bring me in because the race relations there were so bad...Black Panther headquarters, forced bussing, etc. but it was always worth the trip. Don't know if they are still around but after thirty-five years I still have a fond place in my heart for the meetings and the quality of sobriety I found there.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That depends on how much work you're willing to do.
You're about to enter the infamous Big Book Step area of the world.
If you want the best recovery around, I suggest the Somerville Men's Friday Night meeting.
Keep your ears, mind and heart OPEN. This could change your life.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sugar hill is still around!! At the pine street in now. Not as big as it used to be but still going on Saturday afternoons! Great meetings in the Boston/Brighton area. Check out the 50+group in Allston/Brighton area on Tuesday nights. You'll get some good suggestions on other great meetings in the area. There may even be an opportunity before the meeting starts for people to introduce themselves as new to the area. I'm not a man, so I won't meet up with you and go to a meeting but I know lots of great men with STRONG long term recovery that I would be happy to put you in touch with! Also, the website is aaboston.org and you can search for a meeting there.