Notices

advice

Old 05-30-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

advice

On day 17 just wondering can you stay sober for good without going to AA its not an option for me at this time.If I told my wife I was going to AA she would think I was cracking up.My I have never abused or even got angry at my wife when drinking.In fact after 8 beers I don't stagger or slurr my words you cant tell I am buzzed but I drink about 50 beers a week.Just became a nightly occurrence.I have read two books on alcoholism and I would consider myself a mild alcoholic the reason I say this is because my body has got used to its daily buzz.I want to make sure my reasons for quitting are correct.I am quitting for me alcohol is ruling my life I drink every day and it is robbing me of time and time with my granddaughter.i am on day 17 as I said and only feeling mild to medium cravings.I am on a drug called Pristique which is similar to Effexor and maybe this is taking some of the edge of the cravings.I don't want to drink again just trying to get my mind straightened out does 50 beers weekly make you an alcoholic or am I blowing it out of proportion.Sorry for the ramble tks for the support..........................................: thanks
Old 05-30-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joleah View Post
Does 50 beers weekly make you an alcoholic?
IN my opinión, yes
Old 05-30-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joleah View Post
does 50 beers weekly make you an alcoholic or am I blowing it out of proportion.Sorry for the ramble tks for the support..........................................: thanks
Joleah, whether you title it or not. you came her because it is an issue for you right?

People who aren't alcoholics do not question if they are, they just know they are not.

It's not how much you drink in my opinion or how often. How is it affecting your life and not just the outside stuff. Think about the internal stuff, the feelings of shame, remorse and guilt.

20 questions - John Hopkins University

Twenty Questions find out if you are you alcoholic?
Old 05-30-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you

Thank you Michaelangelo so its not in my head I have a dependency problem
Old 05-30-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I drank 40 beers weekly and consider myself undoubtely an alcoholic. But everybody is different. The main question is that alcohol is causing you problems. What size were the beers you drank? The ones I drank were 0,33 liters.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Joleah

There are many of us here who don't do AA.
There are many who do.

Some need it - some don't - only you can know which one you are.

I think everyone needs to work on their recovery though.

As for 'mild' alcoholic - I'll be honest man - that's like being mildly pregnant...y'know?

If your drinking caused you problems so much you needed to quit...no matter what label you prefer to use...you need to do, and keep doing, something about it, Joleah

D
Old 05-30-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

michaelangelo

I am in Canada so 355mls I tink that's about right Michaelangelo but started to drink in the morning on my day off and Sunday.Can see a problem creeping up tried to quit so many time hope this time I can do it I don't want drink to control my life I am sick of it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 05-30-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee mildly pregnant I needed a good laugh that's funny..............