Notices

my alcoholic husband

Old 05-25-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my alcoholic husband

totally stressed out once again my husband has gone off on one of his drinking binges after being sober for 2 weeks but not happy sober, my life is hell when he drinks then then we have 2 days of guilt then we have sheer misery cause he hates his sober life, i also never drink when he is sober, i dont go on holidays go to restaurants bars etc etc but he is so ungrateful !
yesterday he ran away literally jumped out of our works van to go on a binge this was at noon and then he switched his mobile off and turned back up at house 3am expecting me to let him in he banged on the door so loudly for 15 minutes my son who is 21 didnt let him in i phoned his mum and she phoned the police they arrived took him away but didnt arrest him he left his mobile phone behind, i am now panicking as no one has heard anything and im feely guilty that hes dead in a ditch
Old 05-25-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your situation.

I hope that you can take care of yourself. Have you considered AlAnon or some kind of counselling for yourself to help you through this?
Old 05-25-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

to SR Nuttynic.
Please take a deep breath and stop projecting horrible things which might or (very probably) might not happen. You are only making yourself sick and ruining a very nice week end over someone else madness that you have no control over. Anna's suggestion is a great one, check out Al Anon if you can. AA saved my life but Al Anon saved my sanity.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family! We have a forum just for your situation. It's for friends and family of alcoholics. Here's a link.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 05-25-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So sorry that you find yourself in the middle of this craziness and feeling so bad. Take a deep breath--you came to the right place. Many really helpful and caring folks here; you can definitely find some comfort as well as make some tiny little steps towards getting out of this mess, whatever that may turn out to mean for you.

Seconding the suggestion about the "Family and Friends" forum as well as the suggestion to look into Alanon (sooner rather than later, if you possibly can).

When you go to "Family and Friends", don't miss the stickies at the top of the page for some very helpful reading.

Remember, you are not alone.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

stressed

well he did turn back up, with half his face all smashed in,he is in mothers,i was there when he arrived he had phoned her threatening to commit suicide, and we were both besides ourselves,i have never seen him so ill,i was so calm i shocked myself, but i have been going to alanon i have been 3 times and already i seem to deal with situations differently, thanks for all your replies
Old 05-26-2013, 02:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nuttynic1967 View Post
but i have been going to alanon i have been 3 times and already i seem to deal with situations differently, thanks for all your replies
This is really good to hear. Again, wishing you strength and peace as you start to find a way out of the craziness and begin to take care of yourself. Keep on coming back here (and your Alanon meetings).