Notices

Ahhh no hangover!

Old 05-20-2013, 12:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ahhh no hangover!

Well what can i say? i know i slipped a bit a couple of days ago but im back on track and i gotta say not having a hangover feels GREAT! I do feel rather tired tho as i only had about 5 hours sleep last night but i can deal with that!

I am now starting to put a plan together and put it into action. Didnt really have a plan before just went straight into soberiety and hoping for the best, not a good idea!

Im currently drawing up a fitness plan to get my health back on track, it will contain LOTS of walking ( no good staying in the house with just my thoughts ) and i do believe there is an AA meeting not too far from me so i might go and give them a go and see if that helps

So in closing im now approaching soberiety with goals and plans oh and also no hangover in the morning feels GREAAAAAAAAT
Old 05-20-2013, 12:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Chilled.

Glad to hear you are back, hangover-free, and ready to make a plan)

Staying in the house with just thoughts is no good idea for sure - walking and exercising is great)

Best luck to you, keep posting.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks MidnightBlue I have proven to myself that i CAN indeed do it but what is needed is a plan, i feel much more hopeful and ready

Have a great day
Old 05-20-2013, 03:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Gongratulations and waking up without a hangover is greeeeaaat I agree
Old 05-20-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats Chilledice!

I too started my journey to sobriety with no real plan, other than to quit drinking. After several slips and continuing to re-evaluate and add things into my program I am doing much better. I went from just doing it on my own to adding in meeting with an addiction counselor weekly, going to AA 3-4 times/week, and I recently started an Intensive Outpatient Program that will last for 6 weeks. I am currently 16 days sober and I am hopeful that this time my sobriety will stick.

Good for you for coming up with a plan to change things a bit so you don't slip again. Walking is a great idea. Congrats on waking up without a hangover- I agree, great feeling! Keep up the great work! PG
Old 05-20-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Chilled. Glad to see you decided to make some changes. The first week is definitely the hardest, so it's good that you are reaching out to find other local resources and have plans in place.