Notices

Relapse on Ambien

Old 05-14-2013, 10:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse on Ambien

I relapsed about a week or so ago on the sleep aid ambien that I'm addicted to. I thought I was strong enough to do this on my own, but a friend near and dear to me said if I'm not able to do this on my own that rehab may be a good option. The only problem is that if I go to rehab it will disrupt my college graduation and interfere with my internship. My plan is to try and get help through outpatient and if I'm not better by the end of summer go to rehab. I've started drinking a lot more and dabbling with harder drugs and it's like I tell myself I can control it.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by pinktee18 View Post
...if I'm not able to do this on my own that rehab may be a good option. The only problem is that if I go to rehab it will disrupt my college graduation and interfere with my internship.
Untreated addiction will interfer with your internship and graduation more than recovery will. But I guess you will have to experience it to believe it.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Untreated addiction will interfer with your internship and graduation more than recovery will. But I guess you will have to experience it to believe it.
The only positive thing of this is that I have no access to ambien and my psychiatrist has it on file to never prescribe it to me again. Most of my drug use comes out of boredom since coming home from college with a lot of free time on my hands. I called my therapist and she recommended the outpatient program which is six hours each day which will hopefully keep me busy when I'm not working.