Notices

57 Days

Old 05-13-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

57 Days

Well, here we are, on the edge of 60 days. Interesting place this month has been. I'll be glad to see it go. I've been feeling much better. I have more energy, more interest in the goings-on around me, and have had a wonderful time getting to know my babies again. My teenage daughter is making me a little nutso, lol. But I suppose that's a normal statement.

I hope all of you are doing well. I am living LIFE! It's awesome. The sun is shining, the weather is warming up, and I do believe next weekend will be the start of our beach weekends! Yay for sunny days!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Right here with you...

Hey BFD,
I am also at 57 days clean from those evil little pills! I was so happy yesterday, I forgot what authentic joy felt like and that it is amazing!
I feel like I am getting emotionally, physically, and mentally stronger now that I am clean - I walked for over an hour, and did a lot of yard work yesterday - the weather was perfect - high 70's, and the sun shining... I had a wonderful Mother 's Day. Even though my son, who is newly graduated from college, did give me a raincheck to help me in the yard. LOL.
It is nice to hear you are doing so well!!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BFD

Yardwork? That sounds... um... fun? Are you one of those people that likes to do physical, mindless work? My husband is like that, as well. Not me! I have to be entertained, haha. It's the A.D.D. I can't focus (or unfocus, I guess) on anything mindless. I have to keep the brain busy. That's always my downfall. I get bored so easily, and we all know what happens to addicts when they're bored...
Old 05-13-2013, 11:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats to you both!!! 57 days wow thats awesome!!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

BFD, 57 days? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yardwork as a form of meditation and healing

Hi BFD,
Doing gardening and working outside in my yard is not mindless for me. It is mindful, meaning I am so in the moment and find such peace and serenity. Sometimes my mind will drift, but is usually to daydream about what plants I want to buy, or what I would do as a fountain or landscaping if money was no object. Yard work is so healthy and functional for me... it is a way to use my nurturing skills and to be in the present moment, with the sun on my skin, the gentle breeze, and the fresh smell of the grass and flowers.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BFD

Wow, 1day... I was so peaceful just READING that. How descriptive. I wish I had that kind of creative spirit. I'm a little jealous. It sounds Heavenly. CSI:Miami can only take you so far, LOL.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had to laugh when you wrote about CSI: Miami.... I realized earlier in recovery that along with my pain pill addiction I had become addicted to TV: The original Law and Order series... I would use all Saturday night into Sunday morning to stay awake, b/c the reruns began about 2:00am Sunday morning, and would generally go to about 11am or noon. I saw the same shows over and over... now that was mind numbing...
I don't watch it much now, thank goodness, I usually am asleep at that time of night now that I am clean.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BFD

OMGosh!!! Yes! I loooove Law & Order and SVU. And Charmed comes on at what, 6am? Ahhh the good ol' days...