payday

Old 05-10-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool payday

My AH got paid today and I picked up his check. He told me I could have half of it but I need the whole thing to pay rent. Yes I have a job but I have been paying all the bills lately. So I told him I was go deposit the whole thing and he lost his mind
Cussing telling me I make him sick. He told me he knows he is f'd up but he doesnt understand what my problem is.
So I politely told him being married to an active addict is my problem. It felt so good to tell jim that and him not respond.
Then I proceeded to tell him exactly how he makes me feel. I know that arguing witj him is pointless but it felt good to get thst off my chest since I usually let him argue with himself.
Im going to an al anon meeting in the AM cuz I need to go.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well done, and well done on the heading to a meeting too.

I made the terrible mistake of opening a joint bank account, at my son's request, where we both had to sign. He thought this would be a good way to stop his impulses to get money for drugs. I learned that when an active addict is wanting his drug...you don't want to be the person to stand between the two. I would never do that again.

I hope this gets you caught up for a while and that your meeting helps you stay strong.

Hugs