Notices

Reaching out for some help.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reaching out for some help.

Hi,

My husband is going to complete his 30 days in the Tennessee rehab facility May 16.
I thought i would be relieved, and excited for him to come home, but I am anxious and worried. I finally adjusted to him being gone, began enjoying the peace & now I feel like my world is about to be rocked again.

I'm looking for different perspectives...from spouses who have to welcome their significant other home & what they experienced...and then also, the ones who have come home & had to fit back into their family surroundings..how was it? What are the best ways to cope with yet another rocking of the boat?

Thank you in advance for helping to ease my heart.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Were you guys together before he started using? When I got out in 2003 it took about a year for my family to trust me... I was the old me but they worried I would mess up. He will have a revived energy. Be positive and support him emotionally. Don't pull him down with past mistakes. Make sure he stays focused but be his wife and stand by him. He can do this and so can you! Be happy. Things can get really good now
Old 05-09-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, we've been married for 2 years & together for 2 before that.
I am still learning how not to hold worlds biggest grudge... but i am hoping I like the man that comes home to me!! Thank you for your help.
Glad to hear youre doing well!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You might want to check out the Sober Recovery forum for friends and family of addicts.. you may get more responses there.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxiouswife View Post
Yes, we've been married for 2 years & together for 2 before that.
I am still learning how not to hold worlds biggest grudge... but i am hoping I like the man that comes home to me!! Thank you for your help.
Glad to hear youre doing well!
You can't hold a grudge against him and expect your marriage to last. Unresolved issues can be the death of any strong relationship. You will have to talk to him and eventually learn to forgive him. I'd also suggest keeping the peace, an unhappy marriage can be a trigger for most to use again.

You will just have to take it moment by moment, and eventually things will fall back into place after he comes home. It wouldn't be a bad idea to honestly express to him all of the ways he hurt you -without arguing- and find your closure when the time is right.

I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance to your questions, I can only give you my insight as I don't have experience with welcoming home a loved one from a 30 day rehab.

I wish you luck and hope all works out for you!