Very O/T - Sending Hope & Happiness to a sick 8-yr old boy

Old 05-07-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very O/T - Sending Hope & Happiness to a sick 8-yr old boy

Hello SR community! I'm not sure how out of line this post/request is or if it's better moved to another forum but I have a special request to throw out for anyone who is willing to participate.

Years ago when I was pregnant with my DD, I joined an online message board (very much like this one) where all the members' babies were due in the same month as mine & 9 years later we are STILL going strong. We have since morphed from the very public forum to a private/members only board & have supported & nurtured each other through motherhood & all of our kids' milestones. It's a large group & while many of us have met each other in small groups because we live close geographically or during travel to other parts of the country, last year we also managed a large meet up in Vegas & plan to continue the tradition for years to come.

Last year one of our boys was diagnosed with an aggressive form of brain cancer. He went through rounds of surgeries, medications & radiation but despite having a short reprieve his tumors have returned & are spreading at an alarming rate.

His dream was to travel to France & see the Eiffel Tower in person & although the Mommies Group was fast acting & managed to raise the funds to help his family make this dream come true, he took a bad turn a couple of weeks ago & his doctors have since advised that his health is too unstable to risk such an arduous trip.

Max can't get out & see the World so we thought it would be great if we could help bring pieces of the World to him. The kids' 9th birthdays are coming soon & we thought it would be awesome if Max could receive happy postcards from across the globe. The sooner, the better as he is already starting to lose eyesight in one eye & there is no telling from day to day what kind of challenges he will be up against. Quite honestly, there's no telling if he'll make it to his birthday or not.

They have set up a PO Box to receive cards & notes for Max & his little sis Katie (who is younger by 3 years) & if anyone is willing to send something from your part of the country/world, I know they would appreciate it. The cast from Grey's Anatomy has already sent him a video message & I've heard that Sir Paul McCartney's management is working on giving him a once in a lifetime concert experience as Max is a HUGE Beatles fan & he will be performing close to his hometown very soon.

Here is Max's Story: Diagnosis | Jedi Max

Here is his Mom's update page: Jedi Max | Use the force to defeat the Dark Side!

Facebook: Jedi Max's Journey | Facebook

Here is the information to send postcards but there is much more info on the Facebook page:

Jedi Max
P.O. Box 690309
Killeen, TX 76549

Again, I apologize if this post is out of line & needs to be moved/removed.