Notices

thoughts on day 11

Old 05-07-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

thoughts on day 11

Day 11 is here & for the first time in a very long time, I'm starting to really feel like myself again! Its been quite a journey & know there is a journey ahead, but it feels SO GOOD to reclaim my life! I have moments, but I'm learning how to handle them WITHOUT pills! Its a day by day process for sure, but its only getting better! Im starting to really dwell pride, instead of self loathing. The despair I felt for too long is now being replaced with peace & hope & new plans for the future. Wow, has it really only been 11 days? Almost already seems like a lifetime ago! I AM GOING TO WIN THIS BATTLE! Staying strong & moving ahead!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats goingtobeok!! It was so good to see this, its day 4 for me an you give me hope, thank you! I feel terrible ( Mentally & physically ) Seems I have a one track mind right now, I know it will get better and its people like yourself that inspire me Thank you & Good Luck on this crazy journey
Old 05-07-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sicknsooootired, day 5 will be much better. I promise, very soon, you will stop feeling like an emotional trainwreck! The physical is nothing compared to the emotional, but you will learn how to channel things! I just wanted my life back so bad, I felt I was ready! You are almost through the hard part! So proud of you for making it to do 4, not easy, I know! We all do! Keep moving ahead, don't look back! You can do this, you ARE doing it! We are on this journey together!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've had to fight cravings this morning, but when that happens, I post. You will find the most amazing people here! You are not alone, we are with you!!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

You all totally ROCK!!! Awesome job!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you goingtobeok, I know what you mean about the cravings, thats the first thing I think about when I open my eyes, the jitters are terrible today & the foggy head is really getting to me, I have no energy although maybe a tad bit more than yesterday, I just went out for the first time in 3 days, I think it helped a little. Im so thankful that I came upon this place an decided to join after hours of reading others post in here. For some crazy reason it seems to help knowing your not alone in this struggle. Again good luck to you, we CAN beat this!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Marcher

GTBOK,
Day 11!
And your attitude is contagious, so keep spreading it around here!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

ALL of you guys rock! There would not have been a day 2 for me without all if you! I forgot how wonderful it is to live! Getting back to that 1 day at a time! Sicknsoootired, you are on your way! I too felt that pain & torment, not very long ago, still fragile myself, but I WANT MY LIFE BACK & its actually happening! You can beat these demons! WE ARE BEATING THEM RIGHT NOW!
CONGRATULATIONS 1day on 51 days! WOW!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sicknsoootired, just hang in there! You are doing so great! So proud of you & you should be so proud of yourself! Just remember, YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS FIGHT! You will start feeling a big difference n just a couple of more days! Thid will become a motivator to never look back! We will get you through this! Stay strong!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Your right Goingtobeok, we ARE going to be ok!! Ive managed to get the dishes done today, first time in almost 4 days I did it, even though I felt like my heart would surely beat out of my chest, the shakes has me dropping or knocking over every other thing I touch, knees feel like they will give out, but still I actually done something without having a couple pills in me! You guys are such an inspiration for me, this is a wonderful place Ive found here. Im so proud of you for 11 days!! Ill be glad when I can say that, That day will also come for me and I know we will be here far down the road talking about the he!! we had to go through to get OUR lives back, and it will be so worth the pain & suffering we have to go through to get it back finally!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Night owl

What a great thread! I love this place because we all support each other! We've all "been there" and do know what it is like. And I definitely agree with coming here when you are having cravings. SR has saved my sanity many times over when I've had cravings and came here to read and post.

Keep going strong, you're all doing great!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sicknso, your energy will come back more & more! I convinced myself somewhere along the way, that it was the pills that gave my energy, but I was so wrong! My energy level grows stronger everyday & I
have been so much more active! I'm loving outdoors & sunshine! I stopped living & kind of died inside & now I'm finding my way back! You are finding your way back! We are beating this & that is a better feeling than any pill can give us! To own our lives again! WE ARE ON OUR WAY!! Keep staying strong & remember, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Goingtobeok, 11 days sober? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Although the intensity of cravings for the alcohol and drugs has diminished considerably, I sometimes still get powerful cravings for a cigarette.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey GTBOK, so glad to read ur post. I love that u r positive, that inspires all of us and truly helps u I'm sure!!! So proud of u staying strong! Soon it'll be day 20,30, 40 etc... And even though it seems like time is going so slow right now, next week it'll be going faster and faster. And u won't think about pills so often. U'll be thinking about what's going on in ur life: gotta brush my teeth, gotta make breakfast for the kids, laudry, dishes and then bam, the whole day is over, u know the usual life of a mother lol.
Keep posting, keep being positive, u r amazingly strong!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I promise, time stops crawling & it does pick up! All of you are amazing! This is a daily journey we are all on together!
Joygirl, a lot has changed in 11 days! For the better! You are a special inspiration to me! You got me through my darkest hours & for that, I thank you! I just want everyone to know that it only gets better! You all are amazing! Keep pushing ahead! We are winning this battle! We can do this!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Night owl

Originally Posted by goingtobeok View Post
I stopped living & kind of died inside & now I'm finding my way back!
That is exactly what makes opiates so terrible and so tricky. They do make us die inside, that is what happened to me and I didn't even realize it was happening. I didn't know I was dying until I started seriously thinking about quitting. And as more time has elapsed in recovery (with slips along the way) I have come to realize just how dead I was. Amazing that it happens and we don't even know it--that is why it is so tricky and so dangerous and so deadly.

Coming back to life is amazing! I really need this reminder right now, too.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

They are more powerful than we know! I was very lost, but I'm finding my way back! I wasn't myself for so, so long, not even close! There was no living, only depression & despair & yes, dead inside! I just knew that I couldn't do this anymore, not 1 more day! I could barely remember happiness & all I knew was I wanted it back! I wanted to live & to feel alive again! I wanted it, for the first time ever, more than I wanted another pill! The pills slowly consume you. They took over my life, but I'm taking it back! Looking forward to day 12!!! Guys, we are doing this!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

So proud of you olivilo! Yes, I know exactly what you mean! Im spending so much more time doing those very same things! I was always so anxious & impatient & aggravated that now I actually appreciate doing the everyday things. Like the rain, I couldn't smell it for 4 years & didn't even realize until my sense of smell came back & it was the most wonderful thing I've ever smelled! Those are the things that I appreciate now! Every day is a new day forward! We are going to beat this together! We are all on this ride of recovery together!!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sicknsooootired, how are you today? Good morning everyone! Day 12 is here! Its a new day & a new journey! Stay strong guys!!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good Morning Goingtobeok! Congrats on day 12!!! Thats awesome! Day 5 for me & Im still going Im feeling a little better, of course Im still having my moments, but I can beat those cravings. Thanks for asking. You have no idea how much you alone have helped me through the past couple of days. Like you when I feel the anxiety or the cravings I come here, its amazing how much this place can help. Yes its a new day an we WILL beat this