Notices

Meetings are not AA but should be focused on AA

Old 05-06-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Meetings are not AA but should be focused on AA

If you are new to living sober you will find a new way to live your life, it is a process that takes some time, without obsessing over alcohol whether it is to drink or not to drink. The obsession will be completely removed if incorporate the principles we learn from the 12 steps. Your perception and attitude will continue to change but it takes some time. Not very long for people who make the decision to incorporate this way of life and then live it. Find a teacher (sponsor) who has been sober a while and appears to have peace and happiness in their life and ask them to help. You learn to fly from another pilot, learn to catch fish from an experienced fisherman, and can learn to live a peaceful and happy life better from someone who has that experience
There is no fighting the obsession to drink if you are an alocoholic. You either obsess on getting the first drink or not having one.
That obsession has been lifted from me and countless others and it can and will be lifted from you if you make the decision to try the best you can to incorporate this process of recovery.
Be good to yourself in the process and be honest with another alcoholic about what is really going on and know that it is a process and that it does work.
I hope that little bit of knowledge helps.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Rob

We're not just 12 step here - we're open to anyone here, regardless of recovery beliefs

I'm really glad you've found the way that works for you.

D
Old 05-06-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am glad that you found a method of recovery that works for you. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Pleased to meet you, Rob.