Notices

rough nite

Old 05-01-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

rough nite

I'm on day 5 & its been getting better, but tonight is a lil rougher than I thought it would be. Had a pretty decent day, but my legs are bothering me. They ache & they r restless & I can already tell its going to be another sleepless nite. Looking forward to day 6!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It only gets better. Keep it up
Old 05-01-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The leg aches were brutal, I feel for ya GTBOK.
Trust me, the pain will go away.
Stay strong.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the support! Going to be a long night. These leg pains are awful. Ready for a new day. Onward to day 6.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Funny the leg pain thing.... Haven't had it before, but I do this time.. Getting Older... Hmmm. Onward to day 8....
Old 05-02-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goingtobeok View Post
I'm on day 5 & its been getting better, but tonight is a lil rougher than I thought it would be. Had a pretty decent day, but my legs are bothering me. They ache & they r restless & I can already tell its going to be another sleepless nite. Looking forward to day 6!
Just a couple pieces of advice that WILL help:
*Get a Multivitamin going if you have not already.
*Take Tylenol (helps with legitimate pain)
*Get some pain cream. (this helps with break through pain although it smells HORRIBLE.... lol)
*GET UP AND DO SOMETHING everyday even if you don't feel like it. (This is very important as it will ease your mind and make you mentally stronger everyday.)
*Accept the fact that this IS the new way of life. I've learned the hard way that until you do this, you will still have the little voice creeping up on you more than it should saying that you should take another...)
Old 05-02-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for the advice! Doing better this morn. Last nite was rough, but today is much better. Woke with no leg cramps & I'm so thankful for that. I guess I just need 2 realize this really is a process, but I'm going to make it! I WILL NOT go back to that horrible place! No more dark, only light! 1 day at a time!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

Those were the worst. I read on here when you have leg cramps or restless legs, try propping your legs up against the wall. Something about the stretching and blood flow helps? I dunno. Never tried it.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If they return tonight, I will try that. Yeah, those leg cramps, WOW! I just know it only gets better though! Day 6 is promising!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Marcher

Oh! Those restless legs are a bugger. They only lasted 2 days for me. That's when a really hot bath helped. Also, I'd get out of bed and shake my legs for a while. I took ibuprofen, too. They'll be gone soon. You have a really good attitude! Have a gorgeous day!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Goingtobeok, I'm on day 5 & its been getting better? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You guys are amazing! Just amazing! I could not do this without you all! Looking forward to the day! Together, we will stay strong & reclaim our lives! Have a beautiful, strong day everyone!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

CONGRATS neferkamichael on day 5!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Here we go with the leg cramps again. Here they come. Maybe 2day will be the last of them. Lil bit irritable. Good morning, but as the day wears on just a lil blah. Staying strong, its just these leg cramps suck! Guess this is what its about, learning to deal with day to day life! I'm getting there!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

Legs! BAH!

Originally Posted by goingtobeok View Post
Here we go with the leg cramps again. Here they come. Maybe 2day will be the last of them. Lil bit irritable. Good morning, but as the day wears on just a lil blah. Staying strong, its just these leg cramps suck! Guess this is what its about, learning to deal with day to day life! I'm getting there!
Mornings were ALWAYS my best times, as well. By dinnertime I was a hot mess. Try that wall thing, if you can, and let me know if it helped at all. Also, go for a short, brisk walk. That always did help me. I'm sorry. Hang in there. This part will be over soon.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Exercise is key, not just with leg pain,
but with overcoming the negative impulses.
I really am fighting the demons today...feel really tired and cranky , but I will not give in, I will not tap out.
I'm at the gym now and I refuse to lose this battle.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey gman! So wonderful to hear frm u! I know how ur feeling. Starting to have good mornings, but through the day, I get a lil blue, but I'm.still feeling positive! I got out a lot today & it was awsum, but still going through emotional healing! Even with all this, its.still getting better! We will keep using positive outlets! We can.do this & we will do this! You are doing great! Remember, you are not alone!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank u GTBOK,
you are awesome, and we ARE going to beat this demon.
Glad to hear you are doing well. Keep it up.