Notices

breaking the habit

Old 04-30-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

breaking the habit

Im on day 2 of no opiates and scared to death...not only for the wd symptoms but how i wont ever go back! Im ready for a new life...any help would be appreciated
Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What do you need to know Maybe a little more information and i could give you some advice
Old 04-30-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well been takin vics and perks for 5 yrs now and i have finally decided to get clean. I last took some yesterday but only 2 and 1 that was left today. I feel terrible and lots of anxiety. Im just wondering what to expect next few days and how to get thru not wanting more
Old 05-01-2013, 01:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I will get back to you in the morning with a good plan when i am less tired. I am sure you will be up all night anyways
Old 05-01-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

others who have gone through the same

Originally Posted by shiningstr View Post

Im ready for a new life...any help would be appreciated
you have taken a giant first step
congratulations
maybe an AA or NA meeting would be of some help
I think that it helps meeting others who have gone through the same

onehigherpower
Old 05-01-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Not feeling to good today...but did make a doctor's appointment to see what she can do to help me get thru this......wish me luck!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

Originally Posted by shiningstr View Post
Not feeling to good today...but did make a doctor's appointment to see what she can do to help me get thru this......wish me luck!
Your biggest step will be NOT to ask for more opiates! There are other medications your dr can give you to help with pain and WDs. Always add a good multivitamin to any detox plan. You'd be surprised how much they actually help. Good luck to you!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oke shinning here are some words of wisdom from somebody who went through that same **** 45 days ago. The best thing you can do is simply accept that withdrawals are not, and will never be fun. You will suffer the first week and half. You will feel anxiety, insomnia, uncomfortable physical symptoms, likely depression, and everything that makes life unbearable and reinforces the sentiment that opiates are not toys to be played with. Acceptance and perseverance are the keys to the first dreadful two weeks. I couldn't do much but dwell on my negative thoughts those two weeks, but i did keep my head up and logged into SR. I suggest watching tones of movies and trying to stay distracted. Your brain will likely be in neutral so any solid distraction that doesn't require much thought is great. After the first two weeks things will get drastically better. Not perfect by any means. During the mental part of recovery which some argue takes a lifetime (oh boy!) you are going to need to start challenging yourself to do good things that you don't want to do. I suggest AA and surrounding yourself with a support system and positive reinforcement. Atone for the bad things you have done to remove guilt, deal with court stuff if you have any, WORK OUT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Things begin to get easier after the first month. The days stop feeling like months and you can start genuinely wanting to do things. Your motivation and energy are the last things to return and wanting a pill never leaves. I should say wanting a pill AT TIMES never leaves as i don't crave a pill 24/7 like i used to. The only way through this though is 100% commitment and the reassurance and guarantee given by me and other addicts that it does get better if you give it time and work towards it. Keep in mind that your brain chemicals are far out of whack, but do return to a splendid level where you appreciate things you never used to even before you were sober. All i can say is prepare for hell, but prepare for glory as well
Old 05-02-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done, your doing well, like they say, little by little, baby steps, Rome was,nt built in a day, eh! your on the right road, Those cravings your on about, will and do get easier to deal with, they will lesson as time goes by. Remember however long its taken to get to where your at now in your addiction, it will again take however long to recover, But the main thing to remember, is that it is up to you, and you have that choice to stay on that path you are on, and keep improving and recovering, and i hope you continue to do as well as your doing, good luck.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Marcher

SStar, Isn't today day 4? Please let us know how dr. appt. went. It should start getting a little better now, that's good news yes?
Old 05-02-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Doctor visit went good...she couldnt give me anything besides Busipor (sp?) because all other anxiety pills would be habit forming. Last night was bad..i was pretty sick. I feel tired today but seem to get worse as the day ends, like at night. I am supposed to go do an outpatient rehab so gonna try and make some phone calls today for that. Thank you for asking.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Marcher

You're doing great, going to all the right resources. I know you feel bad. The bad is temporary. But it doesn't feel temporary, does it? I understand. Here's a big HUG!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

are you still clean and going strong??