Notices

cant sleep

Old 04-29-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

cant sleep

I'm heading into day 4 of detox & its been rough. I pray my sleep habits will return to normal. I know there is light at the end of this dark tunnel. The depression has been overwhelming, but its beginning to lift. Temp is starting to not b so crazy. I just want my life back. Tomorrow is a new day. 1 day at a time.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marcher

You are doing it! I was there. The sleep does return. Give it time, remember you are healing. Hot baths may help. Slow deep breathing while reminding yourself that you are alive, that helped me. Keep reading and posting here, that helps too!!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank u joygirl! Day 4 has arrived. Little more emotional than I thought I would be. Temp is regulating! Wow, this was rough. Starting to get much better, but I still have a long way to go. I know I can do this & your encouraging words truly help. I'm bound & determined 2 reclaim my life.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marcher

Goingtobeok,

You are over the hardest part, physically. Emotionally/mentally, healing takes longer as your brain has to fix itself. But more good days, less bad days. Remember, everyone, even sober people, have bad days. We have to relearn how to deal with them. You will! I am on day 46, and I am... so good I can't think of a word for it at this moment.
This site is tremendously helpful with the emotional and mental recovery. I come every day. The people on here are amazing.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Finding this site, was the best thing I ever did. Just knowing I'm not alone is helping me through this detox. I'm holding on to knowing it gets better & better. When I do feel that itch, I log in & talking, honestly about everything, just ends that itch. I feel stronger by the hour, but still very emotional. Body aches are SO MUCH better. Its amazing to smell rain & cut grass again! That is a good feeling. I just know I will b ok. Thanks to support & encouragement like yours! The hot bath actually helped! I know its 1 day at a time. Slowly, but surely.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 46! I can't wait till I'm there!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Marcher

You sound good and strong. Glad your feeling a little better!
By the way, there is a thread for those who quit in April, the class of April 2013, under recovery support. Check it out. I have been making friends in my class and you can keep up with each other. Before long, you will be a shoulder for someone else.
Have a beautiful day!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for the info joygirl! Staying strong! Headed into day 5 soon! Time is beginning to pick up! Thank u so much!!! Have a beautiful day enjoying your new life! Right behind you!
Old 04-30-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I still have problems w/sleep too, even though I have 23 yrs. Sometimes it feels like 23 minutes! In the old days, they used to say "No one died from lack of sleep." I hated hearing it, but it turned out to be true. For me, after about a week of getting 2 - 3 hrs sleep, I eventually crash. And now, even w/23 yrs, all this stuff w/marathon (I work in Boston, etc) brought everything back. All the anxiety & fear took over my life & in turn, the insomnia reared its' ugly head. Can't give you any advice but to HANG IN THERE; it will get better.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
CastAwayWolf

The first four to six days are tough then you'll start sleeping a few hours at a time.

Makes me remember when I was in a detox ward at a local psych hospital and I kept moaning to the charge nurse about the insomnia...and she said, with a complete lack of emotion or compassion, "Your body will sleep when it's ready to!" LOL!

It will happen, just bear with it...
Old 04-30-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well, headed into day 5! I went outside today & I could actually smell the rain! I can't explain the feelingthat went through me, it was good! I didn't realize I hadn't smelled that in a long time. The depression & despair is lifting, aches are SO MUCH better, just wish I could sleep decent. I want to laugh again. I know I will get there. For the 1st time in years, the hate & guilt I felt, is being replaced, slowly, by pride in myself. Looking forward to day 5! You guys are AMAZING!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sleep will return to you GTBOK, just takes time.
You are doing great, keep it up and be strong.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you gman! I was wondering how day 9 was going for you. You give me hope gmanriley. It was you that 1st talked to me in my hour of complete despair. You could never know in this lifetime, what you helped me through. For the first time, in a very long time, I'm feeling positive about my future. You all are amazing. You all are what is getting me through this. I was hiding for so long. I didn't know there were people that understand exactly what I feel.