Notices

Is this how normal people feel?

Old 04-29-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is this how normal people feel?

Im only a few weeks into this sobriety thing. I'm constantly getting tired. I feel healthy but I'm exhausted halfway through a day of work. I wonder if this will go away with time or is this just what real life feels like. Is my body supposed to hurt like this or am I steal healing from years of abusing? Is this how normal people feel?
Old 04-29-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

peering into my crystal ball, i think it's A) What does early recovery feel like for $100, Alex!!!! it's gonna take time for your organs and systems to resume "normal" function - there's a lot of repair work to do and just like if you were fighting off the flu, your antibodies and such are working OT.

and much like when we have the flu, HOW we treat ourselves and the care we give ourselves makes a world of difference. rest, fluids, healthy meals, slower pace, not overcommitting, and knowing this too shall pass!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

All my research shows that it will take close to six months or more before we start to feel "normal"... I personally don't know what normal will feel like. It's been so long. I hope I like it. Right now, I'm happy. Tomorrow, maybe I won't be. It's a seesaw of emotions but I'll take it. It's better than riding up and down the highway looking for pills...
Old 04-30-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerSurfer View Post
Im only a few weeks into this sobriety thing. I'm constantly getting tired. I feel healthy but I'm exhausted halfway through a day of work. I wonder if this will go away with time or is this just what real life feels like. Is my body supposed to hurt like this or am I steal healing from years of abusing? Is this how normal people feel?
I know how you feel. Today Is 31 days and I finally have enough energy to make through the day. Even last week I was so tired by 3pm. My body hurt and I would just feel yucky. It does get better.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks all. BFD, that was kinda what I was wondering. I don't know normal is suppose to feel like. Guess time will tell.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Marcher

Wink

Hey, formersurfer!
I've decided to go for 'contentment' instead of normal, as we are going to feel a new normal anyway. When I started to feel contentment, oh! it gave me hope. And normal is over-rated, anyway! Have you met many people on this site?LOL