Notices

30 days today

Old 04-29-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 days today

Wow it's been a long month. Today I'm 30 clean form ct subs. I feel so much better. I have been to a meeting almost every day, and somedays two. I have a sponsor and I'm working the steps. It's still a struggle, but it's so much easier this time because I'm not doing it alone.

I guess my immune system is week. My seasonal allergies turned into a nasty upper respatory infection. None of that "good" cough medicine for me! The heart burn from the steriods and anti-biotics is crazy.

All and all I'm doing good. The only symptom that is very noticeable is the night sweats. I wake up a couple times a night ringing wet.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

Welcome to 30 days! You are amazing. I'm glad you posted this; others can see that even thought the journey sucks, the destination is amazing. Hugs!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BFD View Post
Welcome to 30 days! You are amazing. I'm glad you posted this; others can see that even thought the journey sucks, the destination is amazing. Hugs!
Thanks for the kind words! It helps a ton since I'm not getting any at home, but I'm ok with that.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

My allergies are totally insane-o too! I've never had any issues with allergies before, so this is all new to me. I have to carry around an Afrin bottle. Funny, but when I was dabbling in cocaine years ago and used Afrin, I had no problem with it. But now that I need it for "normal" use, I'm sooo self-conscious about it. I wonder what people are thinking when they see me use it while I'm driving lol.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 30 days!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-29-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats!

Chris,
Congratulations on hitting this milestone and good job getting a program in place with attending meetings and working the steps!!
I can sense your determination through the way you post!!!
Keep up the great work!!!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Marcher

Congrats, Chris! 30 days is a huge accomplishment and you did it! Every day gets better. The night sweats go away too. You'll be sleeping pretty in no time!