Notices

help

Old 04-26-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help

Hi i am new here and i need some advice my husband and i have been together for 12 years married for almost 2we have three kids and i have been clean and sober for almost two years but he still doesn't trust me enough to evenn go outside when he is not home i don't know what to do is this normal and how long do i have to pay for the mistakes i have made
Old 04-26-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Heathen

Would he consider seeing a counselor with you? I don't think that's 'normal', but my guage for normal is usually pretty f'd up anyway. Is it ACCEPTABLE to you? What does he say when you tell him how it makes you feel? Congrats on the sober time, 2 years is huge.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He doesn't care he has always been controling but now he has an excuse and it makes me feel awful because i have done everything he has asked i never leave the house i have cut off my whole family but je still accuses me and makes me think i deserve to be put down and the thing is he is an ex addict also but he has been clean eleven years
Old 04-27-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marcher

Zombie, Its not right. Being sober is about freedom. You need the freedom you've earned with 2 years. I have seen the controlling behavior backfire. You need talk with him about this, and get some counselling. This is not productive for either of you.
Wow! I can't wait till I can say 2 years! That's great!