Notices

Nervous

Old 04-23-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

Nervous

I am 37 days sober. Tomorrow I am having an unexpected surgery that will require lots of rest and medication. I will be on complete bed rest until Friday, at the very least. I "should" stay in bed all weekend, too, but those of us with children KNOW this isn't going to happen LOL.

I'm scared. I know that I'll need the medications right after surgery. I know that I'll be too weak to get them myself and my husband will be administering them for me in that time. But what about after? What if I get hooked again or go crazy? What if the beast catches me again?

I can't go through another WD. I can't. And what happens if I take these things for, let's say 48 hours... will I get sick again when I stop taking them? Have I mentioned I'm scared?
Old 04-23-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't use the meds in the first place!!!!!! I am not your doctor but i have had to just except that i can't. If you do you must have your husband give you the minimal amount for the pain. Arg this situation scares me too BFD because pain or not they still have the same mental pull and can reverse some of the progress you have made in PAWS. I will pray for you and i know you are strong.

And it has been my experience that when people talk about relapse its generally a foreshadowing, not saying that that is going to happen i just really want you to get through this clean. Check in here though
Old 04-23-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do not use the meds. That's what happened to me. I went thru a few surgeries and torn muscles no meds. The one I took the pills was 3 years ago. I'm day 21 clean. Don't do it
Old 04-23-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

BFD, 37 days sober? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Stay away from them if you can BFD. Rootin for ya.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Night owl

It's good that you are thinking about this now! First, make sure that only your husband has access to the meds--have him lock them up if need be. You need to not have any access to them except through him. Have him give you only the bare minimum you need for pain relief, but try to go without or use other meds first, like tylenol. Once you are through the worst of the pain have your husband FLUSH them down the toilet.

Everyone is different, but if you use the bare minimum for the shortest amount of time you will likely not have withdrawals or only very mild ones. Drink lots of water and just keep your mind on your recovery. And come here to SR lots, every time you get a craving or feel worried.

I was afraid I was going to relapse a few weeks ago, around physical pain issues. I came here tons, was honest, and now I am in a totally different place. You don't have to relapse! If you're worried just let that fear motivate you to stay clean. You can do it!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

BFD, I am sorry I missed this post, I feel horrible. I know u r probably in so much pain right now, poor thing
Whatever u decide to do is ur decision. Ur mind is in the right place, be strong and recover fast! And please take it easy, breasfeeding ur kiddos is over, they r just going to have to suck it up and take care of themselves and u!!! Said a prayer for u darling, try to get some rest!!!! God bless u!!!