Notices

Very difficult day !!

Old 04-13-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very difficult day !!

Today at community service was tough as far as thinking of drinking. A few others there were talking about their experiences recently having a good time drinking and about how they can't wait to get out of there so they can go have a beer. Really made me think of the good times I had drinking and miss it. I even found myself changing my reply from I'm no longer drink to I'm at least not going to drink for a very long time. The thought of me saying that scared me, and I think I may need to do something different fast.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there. I'm sorry they tempted you. Nothing will get better by drinking--it's just an illusion. The fun lasts for an hour, but the aftereffects go on and on. Just take a deep breath and don't pick up.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just say "that I'm not drinking today"

Originally Posted by SoberHappyHour View Post

Today at community service

A few others there were talking about their experiences recently having a good time drinking and about how they can't wait to get out of there so they can go have a beer.
most ones sentenced to community service
are not serious regarding getting or staying sober
if you are serious don't let what they share get to you

for some of us sobriety is going to in the long run
pay off all for the good

I just don't drink One Day At A Time
if asked
I just say "that I'm not drinking today"

onehigherpower
Old 04-13-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You did the right thing in coming here to post.

I can remember some "good times" drinking, but they came with a very, very high price. It made me think that I could drink to have a good time, but so often, drinking never brought the promised "good time" with it. I'd drink until I passed out still seeking that feeling many nights, never actually have a "good time" but still wake up hung-over as all get out.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberHappyHour View Post
Today at community service was tough as far as thinking of drinking. A few others there were talking about their experiences recently having a good time drinking and about how they can't wait to get out of there so they can go have a beer. Really made me think of the good times I had drinking and miss it. I even found myself changing my reply from I'm no longer drink to I'm at least not going to drink for a very long time. The thought of me saying that scared me, and I think I may need to do something different fast.

I assume they're doing community service because of legal reasons? I assume you probably are as well, possibly related to drinking?

These are not the kind of people I'd let influence you.

Glad you came here to report, this could be a tricky situation. The fact is scared you is good.

You can always tell them, "I don't drink." Its not uncommon to find people who don't drink... And as long as you're not drinking, you don't drink. (you're just omitting the word "anymore")
Old 04-13-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dib42 View Post
I assume they're doing community service because of legal reasons? I assume you probably are as well, possibly related to drinking?

These are not the kind of people I'd let influence you.

Glad you came here to report, this could be a tricky situation. The fact is scared you is good.

You're can always tell them, "I don't drink." Its not uncommon to find people who don't drink... And as long as you're not drinking, you don't drink. (you're just omitting the word "anymore")
Some there for alcohol related, some not. Mine definitely was the common denominator in my reasons why I'm there (duis) and I kno they aren't the best to listen to it but I was listening along and just thinking of the bar setting and having an ice cold beer playing pool and a cute bartenders with women around and just kinda started forgetting about sobriety for a little :/