Notices

Embarrassing

Old 04-08-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Embarrassing

These shakes are so embarrassing! I have already been asked if I was upset about something once today. Thankfully I am known not to take notes or write a lot so I don't have to worry about chicken scratching in meetings. It's limited to just my hands, but also even minor exertions break me out into a sweat. Did I say Sunday was going to be a long day? This is going to be a long week! I'm not going to drink, but I am going to whine on here
Old 04-08-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whine away!

You can get through this.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree, whine away. I'm just starting day 3, and i'm probably still going through some withdrawal symptoms. However, this is by far not the worst physical withdrawals i've been through, so i'll manage on that note. On the other hand, psychologically and emotionally, it has been pretty debilitating. I can't take the relapses anymore. Anyways, look at the 72 hour mark as the big hump, but during the first 24-48 hours, I was thinking about drinking every minute or so. Remember, "no matter what", you stay sober.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Change!

Do all the whining you need! We're here to listen.

I was embarrassed by the shakes too. I had to hang artwork at my place of business with a partner. I told him I was having blood sugar issues. No questions were asked.

Keep on going, you're doing great!

MV
Old 04-08-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I had people ask if I needed to eat something. I didn't think anyone noticed at work, but they did. I couldn't sign a birthday card without holding my hand steady with the other hand. At lunch with my boss, couldn't get the spoon up to my lips. I do not miss those horrific days - and you never have to go back there Change4Better.

Thank you for an honest and helpful post.