Notices

Well its Friday...

Old 04-05-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well its Friday...

And I'm really wanting a bottle of wine I super anxious right now and trying to distract myself by cleaning and I just sat down to eat pizza we ordered. I'm on day 3 and I keep thinking maybe I can cut down to only 2 bottles of wine a week...but then the other part of me says you can't do that. I just don't know what's easier...trying to slowly decrease or cold turkey? Ugh I know the answer to that...Doesn't help that my hubby is frustrated with me.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Relax and spend the evening posting and reading! Congrats on day 3! That is awesome! Keep it going!
Old 04-05-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by javamama View Post
And I'm really wanting a bottle of wine I super anxious right now and trying to distract myself by cleaning and I just sat down to eat pizza we ordered. I'm on day 3 and I keep thinking maybe I can cut down to only 2 bottles of wine a week...but then the other part of me says you can't do that. I just don't know what's easier...trying to slowly decrease or cold turkey? Ugh I know the answer to that...Doesn't help that my hubby is frustrated with me.
I'm feeling ya on Day 2 and i feel fine actually had really good day at work and got some productive stuff done. I'm debating cutting back my beer drinking to only friday and saturday nights
Old 04-05-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by magnum102 View Post

I'm feeling ya on Day 2 and i feel fine actually had really good day at work and got some productive stuff done. I'm debating cutting back my beer drinking to only friday and saturday nights
Well I had a slip up this week, after day 2 I caved and downed a small bottle of wine. I just wish I can actually go a week without getting a craving! Just shows I'm not the "normal" drinker.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You've gotta form some new habits! I think I'm actually going to download the book "The Power of Habit." I started it on a free audiobook and it sounds really good, about changing our habits and gave the example of someone in the beginning who was a smoker/drinker/overweight and changed her entire life. I'm curious about the rest of the book. Try to get your mind on something else tonight - do you have a smartphone? DL the sudoku app or words with friends. Or you can find free game online, too - anything to get you out of your head.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

They're just thoughts, you can overcome them. There's a deeper "you" beneath those thoughts. Our brains go around in circles. I know its hard to shut off at times, maybe listen to a meditation on youtube also, this is my personal favorite:

Meditation w/ Anusara Yogi Bridget Woods Kramer - omshop.com - YouTube
Old 04-05-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ok maybe we can talk you out of that bottle.

1. One will never be enough.
2. Drunk dialing.
3. It's gonna probably upset someone who loves you very much.
4. It will be another secret you have to keep.
5. You'll feel guilty in the morning.
6. You may not make it back here.
7. You may decide to get in your car and drive.
8. You'll probably be sick again in the morning.
9. You'll have to come in here again tomorrow and tell everyone you drank again.
10. It will be your 201st start over day.
11. You'll be wondering if you did anything stupid tomorrow.
12. You will continue to lose the trust of those who once believed in you.

You don't want to get that bottle do you?
Old 04-05-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm very new in my newfound sobriety. I'm addicted to pills not alcohol but it's the same in principal. If we stop and think it through the right decision is obvious. Just take one minute at a time. That's how I've been dealing with my cravings and urges. I will be rooting for you. I hope you are successful. You can do it. Trust me I'm dealing will some big demons myself but we can win our lives back. God bless