Maybe OT

Old 04-04-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Maybe OT

I am having a very hard time with this breakup still. I lost my dog, house and boyfriend, than yesterday my car overheated and will be in the shop for a week $700 later. I feel like I am backtracking in my life. As much as I love and appreciate my family's help, living here again alone with 4 little kids and two married couples and having my mom drive me to and from work. I just feel like a failure. My exabf did not talk to me for days. I spent Easter alone, moved out alone. And I know it sounds silly but he deleted every single picture of me off his Facebook and changed his status to "single" without even telling me it was over. I sent him a message saying that all he does is try to hurt me when all I wanted was to love him and I honestly don't wanna see him or hear his name ever again. he then responded that i'm a f***ed up person for making him look like the bad guy and blah blah blah. I am just so lost. I can barely unpack my stuff because it feels to real. And I hate being such a Debbie downer drama queen but I am just so depressed and lonely. Everything reminds me of him, I have no motivation to take care of myself, nothing makes me happy. I am so broke from my car that I can't afford a therapist now, and also can't drive to an alanon meeting. What really helped you guys? In terms of affirmations or good breakup books?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Get off facebook NOW. It is a killer when you're feeling susceptible and vulnerable.

That one little move will set you further ahead than you can imagine. It is very hard for me to be around married couples while I am feeling like a loser, but just be grateful for their love and support and take advantage of the opportunities to be peaceful and safe in their home.

Peaceful with 4 little kids. Hahahahahaha.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"carrying that old drunk monkey around on my back."

Again: hahahahahahaha

Y'all are so good for my wounded spirit today. THANK YOU!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was reading why men marry bitches like 2 weeks before he kicked me out. It is hard because I know I could have prevented this if I had just kept my mouth shut. I feel like I'll regret that night for the rest of my life
Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

from what you have shared avalon, he didn't really sound like much of a prize. plus he ended stuff horribly, treated you with ZERO respect and is busy drinking and drugging again. that's not living...that's not love.

how about you do up a GRATITUDE list? you have a place to stay, a family, a mom who is willing to drive you around til your car gets fixed...you have a car, even tho it needs repair (all cars do at some point), you have a job, you have food, support, internet access.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Avalon393 View Post
It is hard because I know I could have prevented this if I had just kept my mouth shut. I feel like I'll regret that night for the rest of my life
Wow. Avalon, I hope that in a few weeks or months you look back on this with a different perspective. I know that right now it feels like you would be happy living your life walking on eggshells as long as it meant you could be with him, but you are worth more than that. You deserve a partner who respects your opinion even if they disagree with it.