Notices

Newcomber April 02,2013

Old 04-02-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcomber April 02,2013

Hello,
looking for sponsor,I've been sober since 12/31/11 Started with rehab for 3 1/2 mos. I go to an on line meeting 5 days 1 day AA and 1 day 12 step meetings.Have been learning a lot about my self. I started drinking to cover up the hurt inside .Lost two children at 2 different times from sicknesses.1 from cancer age 20,and 1 from overdose of medication that gave her suicidal tendencies at the age of 25. The last was more dramatic for me.Simply because it could have been preventable.But because she was an adult at the time.Didn't know she was taking medication that gave her suicidal tendencies.Anyway it still hurts it's been years now since she has passed. I've been learning to deal with the pain I feel inside sober instead of drinking over it. I feel like I'm still new even thou it's been 12/31/11 sober.Because of my drinking causing chaos in my life ,getting several dui's so court ordered to do certain things for the next few yrs. I'm happy to be sober now.I don't want chaos in my life,I want to live a bal. life style..I will never go back to drinking. and it helps hearing others experiences and how they deal with life everyday problems.The only thing i get overwhelmed with is what the court's require me to do ...Lots of money I don't have..and very strict conditions...,but I'm dealing with it .I feel like the judge set me up to fail.but I'm determined to prove that not to be...I'm pretty strong headed in that way...Looking forward to exploring this site and getting feedback and learning from others.......

Last edited by birdfeeder; 04-02-2013 at 10:24 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-02-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would be hanging out in the AA clubroom everyday if I were in your shoes.

Sorry for your losses in the past, birdfeeder. I wish you the best.

Bob R
Old 04-02-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Is counseling an option for you? I benefit a lot from talking to my counselor. It helps to vent and get her feedback.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for you pain birdfeeder but I'm glad you've found us

Welcome to SR

D
Old 04-02-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome birdfeeder. I'm sorry for all you've had to endure, but so glad you found us and are healing from your alcohol abuse. It doesn't help us cope. It turns our lives into a nightmare - and it looks like you found that out.

Glad to have you with us - I think you'll really benefit from the support and encouragement here. Please keep posting & let us know how you're doing.