nearly detox time

Old 03-29-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up nearly detox time

3 more days and my Ah is detoxing at home. He sees the Dr every 2nd day and counselor other days. Valium ready I'm more than ready. Not optimistic of it lasting but I am a big pessimist. At least it will be a week of peace from drinking and extra money left this week. Idont post often but read these posts daily and I thank-you for all your stories. The countdown begins lol
Old 03-29-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear dessy, does he have any kind of treatment program for when the detox period is over??

How long have you been going through this?

dandylion
Old 03-29-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He sees alcohol counselor Twice week. Been married 23yrs, always drank but last 4 yrs have bben hell. He has ptsd so he has been drinkiing more to deal with it since seeing psychologist. I am a big enabler and control everything in our lives as if I leave it to him I would be homeless in debt and living in crap. He does clean house, washing etc. He doesn't drink till after 3 but drinks a whole 750 Ml bottle whiskey if I don't allocated some. Prop is he has become verbally abusive and if set my boindares about what drinking I would tolerate. Started planing to live with my son and he can have the 2 younger kids nights he doesn't drink or just through the day. Learnt alot reading this forum it is my addiction.