"Shhhhhhh"

Old 03-26-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Shhhhhhh"

AW has been away this past weekend... and has been in and out of the house over the past two days.

So its been nice, just me and the two boys. We have been doing really well and have kept contact with AW to a minimum. Tonight, before she got back I sent them off to sleep over at friends (it's spring break.)

She has just come home and is telling the dogs "Shhhhhhhh.". In obvious effort to keep them quiet. (I go to bed early for work... she thinks I am asleep.)

She has not breathed on me, not staggered by me, not talked to me or offered up any visual cues... and from her "Shhhhhh," on the other side of the bedroom door, I know she has been drinking.

I am SO glad the boys are not here!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Isn't it sad how you just KNOW when they've been drinking? I could even tell through a text message.

At least your wife didn't come home and pick a fight with you or decide to wake you up. I'm very glad you didn't have to deal with her.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I felt relief for you too, that she did not disturb you.
When I stopped drinking and started on recovery, my ex would make a point of being loud enough to wake me up.
It was sad for me and our marriage when I did not care whether he made it home or not.

Beth
Old 03-29-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not only did I not care whether he made it home or not I used to pray he would not make it home . That was the end for me .