Should I tell my daughter?

Old 05-04-2004, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Should I tell my daughter?

Talked to AH last night. Yes he admitted to drinking, yes he probably shouldn't, yes he knows it all. Yet he still is drinking. Here is the question.Last Sat. he went into our 16 yr old daughter place of work to buy something. Guess he acted like an a**hole because she later told me she was so mad, he was being real mean etc..I asked him last night if he had been drinking at the time and he said yes. Daughter is real mad at him, but she didn't realize he had been drinking. Should I tell her? Or should I just leave it alone. She doesn't realize he is drinking again. It took a long time to rebuild their relationship and he just ruined it in one day. What should I do? Any feedback would be appreciated.Thanks
Old 05-04-2004, 07:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Re: Should I tell my daughter?

I'm not too sure exactly what your situation is, but I think I'd just leave it alone. If she asks if he was drinking, I don't see the point of lying about it, but I think its up to him to go out and tell her otherwise.
Maybe you could suggest to your daughter that Alateen may help her to understand why her dad acts this way (?). My 2 older boys have gone to this a few times, and it has helped them out in understanding why their father has been such an unstable figure in their lives. I'm sorry if I'm overstepping anything with this.
-SFG29
Old 05-04-2004, 07:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sadwife,
As much as it hurts, be honest with your daughter. She needs to know what's really going on. Trying to pretend this stuff isn't happening doesn't work on so many levels.
This is tough stuff to deal with.
Hugs,
Gabe
Old 05-04-2004, 08:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Re: Should I tell my daughter?

Kids sometimes see and know more than we realize.