Notices

Trying hard

Old 03-23-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying hard

Hey guys it's my first time on here, just feeling really crap over a day later after drinking way way too much again, I've been in detox about 5 times, and had seizures most of those times, if not fully medicated with Valium , I stopped completely for over a year, but every time I drink again cos I stupidly think I can do it like "normal " people, I'm sure you can all relate to that one! I'm just sick of drinking an missing out on whole weekends with my family, it hasn't got to the way I was before not that bad yet, I think cos I'm in an occupation where I can't drink at work. But that never stopped me before I guess! Just want to quit before I ruin everything again ! Sorry for babbling on just had to get it out, scary times
Old 03-23-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome, DB!

Do you have a program you are going to use? Have you been to a rehab program, or some kind of out-patient?
Old 03-23-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well you said family and work. That's great and I know you don't want to mess them up. You did it for a year and your right can't drink like normal people. Take a look at the Big Book Hope you come back here.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What kind of support do you have to stop drinking? Are you interested in any of the formal programs, like AA, Smart, Rational Recovery? There are more than that but I can't think of them all.

I got sober using this site and their support and encouragement along with counseling. It's worked for me for over three years now and I used to think I was a hopeless drunk. But I'm not and neither are you.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to the family, Donnyboy. This is a great place to be for help & encouragement. We've all been where you are, and we understand. Glad to have you with us.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement peeps,I did go to aa meetings a few years ago but it wasn't really for me,and I never went to rehab for it either, not for drinking anyway did for heroin years ago, I think I can stop by myself, did last time just need to be in right place mentally