On my way to being HEALED :)

Old 03-20-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

On my way to being HEALED :)

Hey all…its been a while since I posted. Its been over a month I had no contact and I don't feel the need to or eve want to have contact with my ex.

I have good days but I still have my bad days. Like Monday and yesterday were pretty bad. But I am healing..

There are still people who are making excuses for my ex "or he didn’t have a good childhood, he never had support from his family, he was so young when he went to prison and he was there for a long time, he has not really had time to grow up" all that BS.

I say not matter how difficult the addict's past was what made him use, they have choices and their choices lead them to where they are today.
No one has the right to treat us like our addicts do. No one no matter what they have been through or may be going through now has the right to lie to us, to cheat on us, to use us, to abuse us, to manipulate us, to make promises to us, to make us cry to hurt us in any way shape or form.

We cannot change what has happened in the past or take away the pain, but we can change how we live for this day on. I have decided that I will not be hurt again, lied to; cheat on hurt any longer because I will not give him the chance to do it again. I have walked way for him even if in 100 years from now when/if he is healthy and wants US again I will not give him that chance.
Enough is enough my happiness is in MY HANDS ONLY
Old 03-20-2013, 11:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow that is really great broken101. Thank you for the positive post. You are right, they don't have the right to treat us like that. Like you, I have come to learn that I don't need to (nor should I ever) accept that sort of behavior again. That is expression of true love, not how it is supposed to be anyway.

I am glad you are healing!!!! Thanks for sharing again.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you! That's wonderful!

Keep taking care of you!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 03-21-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So Glad to hear you are so strong and your threads have inspired me too. I am on the same boat with you..its been 6 months for me since i broke up with my Ex. His addiction was hidden from me the whole time we dated and when I found out (bc he got arrested) I made the hard decision to leave him, I loved the guy so much but as you know too many lies and I lost trust. You are exactly right when you say "No one no matter what they have been through or may be going through now has the right to lie to us, to cheat on us, to use us, to abuse us, to manipulate us, to make promises to us, to make us cry to hurt us in any way shape or form." this is what I need to keep remembering.

I also started therapy a few months ago and at my recent visit the other day, my therapist said I'm doing so well ..which made me happy bc the last 6 months have been hard.

But We can do this! Hope things continue to get better for you each day and again you are doing great
The song by Evanescence 'Call me When You're Sober' came on the radio as I was driving to work...what a great song! haha