OT Just plain grateful

Old 03-19-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Arrow OT Just plain grateful

I am very grateful for the wonderful moments I have lived last weekend with family and friends and also recently, in general, this year.

I am very grateful for the great SR community.

I have met some men recently who are more similar to who I am. One who is deeply spiritual- an outstanding healer-, another one who is intellectual and enjoys all kinds of art (he inspired me to start blogging and I love it, he is a constant source of inspiration), another one who is a poet and a fencing expert. (We train a bit in the park ...)

None are addicts to any substance.

There has been a short romance with this last one, which won't last long because I am moving to the US soon. It has felt great since the beginning. I feel relaxed around him. It feels great to be listened to and to be valued. He makes me nervous sometimes too, but in a good way.

It is great to be with an equal, he has issues and addresses them...we laugh a lot.

Yesterday we were having a great time watching stars and laughing and having dinner and I realized this is how life and romance should be like. Healthier bonding, not toxic attachment... it has taken 31 years for me to start telling the difference

I am very grateful this is me nowadays and not the empty shadow of someone else -- a sad character I played while with XABF and many other abusive people before him. I am grateful I am giving new people a chance. I am giving ME a chance and it feels wonderful !!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((TC))

thanks for sharing your gratitude ~

prayers & good thoughts that this wonderful recovery life continues for you!

pink hugs