Notices

Back...again :-(

Old 03-18-2013, 01:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back...again :-(

Hey all,

I managed nearly 2 mths sober over Christmas and New Year but I'm back where I started, drinking every night and struggling with life.

I'm so hungover today I have had to pretend to the guy I work with that I'm ill (which I kinda am) as I cannot face the meeting we were supposed to have.

I should be happy, I recently got the payrise I asked for, I'm being given more responsibility and exciting opportunities all the time. Life is getting better but I'm not coping at all.

There is a bottle of vodka downstairs calling me... it's not even 9am here...what is the matter with me???
Old 03-18-2013, 01:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back

You're like the rest of us UltraBunny, thats all.

why not dump the vodka and join the class of March - it's a first step to getting back where you were... y'know?

are you open to the idea of real life support too - AA or some other group, Dr, or counselling?

sometimes some outside help can help break that decades long impasse...
D
Old 03-18-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome back ultrabunny-it's good to see you again
You can do this.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back Ultrabunny, I have often wondered how your doing. I never made xmas and new year sober but have done the last 2 months, it's tough as you know but it beats waking up with a hang over.

Pour the vodka away, get through today and plan for tomorrow.

xxx
Old 03-18-2013, 02:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! I hope you can get back on the wagon and get your life sorted out soon.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I feel so lonely. I have friends but can't seem to meet a good partner and I just feel so on my own.

A month ago a very close family friend, someone I thought of as my uncle, came on to me. It has made me feel so disgusting. I have asked him to stop contacting me but he keeps finding excuses to email or text.

He has said he was sorry and didn't mean it but it feels so wrong. He was one of the few people in my life that I trusted and probably the only man. I never thought in a million years that he thought of me like that. When it happened, I just started drinking and drinking, just wanted to block everything out or just not wake up :-(
Old 03-18-2013, 02:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe some counselling would help UB?
It might help to have that outside perspective I spoke of before?

I'd also block his number and email address.

D
Old 03-18-2013, 02:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back, ultra. Be strong you can do it. Like Dee said come join us with the class of March.... it will keep you busy when your not working and so many great March errrss! Throw that bottle away you don't need that garbage.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ultrabunny View Post
I feel so lonely. I have friends but can't seem to meet a good partner and I just feel so on my own.

A month ago a very close family friend, someone I thought of as my uncle, came on to me. It has made me feel so disgusting. I have asked him to stop contacting me but he keeps finding excuses to email or text.

He has said he was sorry and didn't mean it but it feels so wrong. He was one of the few people in my life that I trusted and probably the only man. I never thought in a million years that he thought of me like that. When it happened, I just started drinking and drinking, just wanted to block everything out or just not wake up :-(
You need to like yourself and be happy on the inside first and foremost...then we attract healthy relationships...so start with strengthening yourself.
As for the creepy friend...this is all on HIM...is he preying on weak vodka-drinking UB? Or is strong stable UB gong to brush this off and get ready to have a better choice?
You can do this, start by connecting here daily, toss that vodka and you will take a better outlook.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad youre here bunny. Yes, block his number....

what is this march group I have been seeing?

Can someone give me info., thx!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's a support thread for everyone quitting drugs or alcohol this month:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-4-a-8.html

D
Old 03-18-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Welcome I saw a counselor during my early recovery, and we rarely talked about my drinking..I had a lot of other 'stuff' I was dealing with in a really unhealthy way, I didn't know how else to. Pour out that vodka, read some of our stories and the other 'stickies' at the top of the forum, you might find some hope there.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

If you look in the fine print on that vodka bottle label, it says: "Not to be Taken Internally".

If they labelled it honestly, it would say: "People Poison".

Betrayed trust can be terrible. Still, you know from experience that you can't drink those bad feelings away. Drinking just gives you more, different bad feelings.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
All is Change

People get away with inappropriate behavior, show they cannot be trusted, and I take it out on myself.
It's a paradox I have to figure out. Drinking does not help. Who do I serve by this path?

Thank you for sharing and keep posting and sharing.