Notices

Friday night... Its killing me...

Old 03-08-2013, 10:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friday night... Its killing me...

Tonight was really hard.. I feel like I need something in my body, I really need something; a few drink, drugs, cigarette, whatever, i just want it and i feel like I'm never gonna be myself without it... Arghhhh

I told my best friend to take what was left of my liquor cabinet (not much) and I was asked why. I said that I decided to stop drinking.
I got a :" forever? I mean not even 1-2 glass of beer or wine?"
I replied by: " when did you ever see me have only 1-2-3 glass of beer or wine?"
There was a long silence and then that was the end of that.
Well I guess is never had 1-2 glass so that is probably why..

I'm going to another meeting tomorrow. I decided to read through the book I'm still itching to get it right away but I was told its a process and well, I'm just gonna ride the train for now. One day ill drive it myself.

Have a good night everyone,

Please hope that this craving goes away soon because that all I can think about...

Prion
Old 03-08-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go

Originally Posted by Prion View Post
Tonight was really hard..I'm still itching to get it right away but I was told its a process and well, I'm just gonna ride the train for now. One day ill drive it myself.
Prion
Aww Hang in there Prion and give yourself a pat on the back, that took a lot of strength to pour that booze out. It gets easier in my opinion with meetings as well as here. God Bless!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You don't need something Prion, it's just something that your body has become accustomed to. You will still be you sober, even more so

I hope your craving goes away. I found it helped to just distract myself with simple things. I found if I just thought about it the craving got bigger but if I distracted myself with something else then it soon went away.

Well done on getting rid of all the booze x
Old 03-09-2013, 10:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're doing amazing, Prion. I think it is hard enough to be honest with yourself and admit moderation isnt ever an option for you, but to also be brave and committed enough to recovery to share your secret with a friend and get rid of temptation is something to applaud. Sounds like you're taking this seriously and making the right choices. Hang in there. You will find a new normal and your body will adjust.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow - good for you being straight up with your friend.
That's the way to handle it.

Fridays are always tough for a lot of folks - me included.

Congratulations!
Old 03-09-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Prion, you inspired me to delete a few contacts out of my phone. These were "friends" that I met out drinking. We did not have a relationship, we just got plowed. They won't miss me.

Glad you stayed strong. I understand what you were saying about feeling like you will never be yourself without substances. I had that thought last night. I think we just need to get used to being ourselves without it and then that will be become the new normal.

Hope you are doing ok today :-)
Old 03-09-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
DFU

The alcoholic mind will try to get you every time. We know how you feel. I haven't logged on here in a few weeks but tonight I'm feeling that urge to drink. Mind mind is saying it would taste so good, feel great, etc. But I know I can't trust that thinking and that my drinking will bring NONE of those things, in fact it will bring just the opposite. Try to take it easy and not drink for an hour, then another hour, etc. Best wishes!