Notices

Ho hum.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ho hum.

Hi guys.

Just checking in. Had a massive meltdown last night after dragging myself away from the temptation of going out partying. Went to bed s###ty, woke up s###ty and 24 hours later, after being bombarded with texts and pic messages from friends who met Metallica (Gaaaah!), STILL feel s###ty.

I need a hole to crawl into :'(

35ish (I've lost count) days sober and still in the resentful phase. Light? Tunnel? Anyone?

RQ
Old 03-02-2013, 03:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I drank for 20 years RQ - it took me a fair while to find my sober emotional equilibrium.
You've had lots of other stressful things going on too....cut yourself a break.

Keep working on building a sober life you're happy in, keep building up your sobriety 'muscles', and if going out is still what you want to do, you'll be able to do that and stay true to yourself

D
Old 03-02-2013, 03:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with Dee, stopping any addiction is such a life altering experience that it is to be expected that emotional turmoil is gong to be around for awhile, especially as you no longer flee these emotions by using, but now must come to terms with them (which, oddly enough, I think becomes one of the more rewarding things in recovery). I found it useful to try to remember the things that I had found to be fun before my drinking became a problem, and try to get back into them; so now I find myself pursing old hobbies, interests, etc., and, though it took awhile, finding new ones. Just a suggestion as to what helped me. Anyway, 35ish days is something to be proud of, so congrats and all the best on both maintaining your recovery and finding days that are happier then the days you are currently gong through---rick