Notices

Day 3

Old 03-01-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Hi Everyone,
Woke up feeling great today. I give all credit to my HP. I don't let more than an hour or two go by without a small prayer to live his will, not mine.

I gladly turn my life over (again) to my HP. He is so kind, forgiving and is he is graciously bringing great things into my life.

I have realized that part of why I have been relapsing lately is because I have no real plan, no agenda, other than a full time job, occasionly AA meetings, and doing a few things here and there when I feel like it. I won't commit to that requires me to get out of my room because I am afraid I will be taken advantage of like I was for so many years.

I really value and enjoy my alone/in bed time, but 12-18 hours a day is a bit much. So I have decided to commit to a daily schedule, and reward myself with 3-4 hours of alone/in bed vegging time 4-5 days a week.

If I stick to my agenda, I will be much more productive than I am now, and I will still get a lot of "me" time. An agenda will help me to know when and what I am doing.

I also want to mention it has taken me several years to even feel a willingness to want to commit to "living my life". I would always say I wanted to, but I couldn't because I was "stuck" and "depressed".

Could it be this easy? Please wish me luck.

Excited and grateful to be sober. Thanks to everyone here and my HP.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's always good to prepare for some bumps on the way PK - even the best life has bumps...but I'm glad it's been ok so far

btw - you posted this in Daily Support - you'll get much more response here in Newcomers.

D
Old 03-01-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((PreciousKitty)) - Congratulations on 3 days! I'm going on 6 years in recovery and have found that there are definitely bumps in the road. The one thing that hasn't waivered, though, is my desire to stay clean.

I've had some absolutely amazing times, I've had some really tough ones. There were nights that all the gratitude I could muster was "thank you, I'm clean/sober". You know what? That is awesome!

You are doing great and if "the other shoe" does drop? Well, you just stay sober, get through it, and move forward to the days that make you tear up in gratitude.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-01-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

:ghug3
Congrats on day 3. Stay Strong~
Heres to another 24 hours!
Peace
Old 03-02-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

PK best wishes